First Name: : Leah
Hero's Name : Zack
Branch : Boyfriend - Army
Brother - Navy
Number of posts : 268
Anniversary : February 4th
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello! My name is Leah and I am new to this forum (I did the intro survey thingy already)! I found out about this forum on Open Diary from Laura after finding her and others on the Army wives/girlfriends interest. I couldn't be happier that I'm a member of this community!

I'm 22 and living in Poughkeepsie, NY but I'm originally from Long Island. I'll be moving back to my home on Long Island once Zack starts basic training and then gets deployed.

My boyfriend Zack is joining a branch of military this summer, he's just not sure yet if it's going to be the Army or Navy. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the Army but lately he's been changing his mind about it everyday lol.

Personally, I'm not sure which one I think he should join. I think he really wants to join the Army but he and I both get very nervous about it. The danger and being deployed for a year. When it comes to the Navy, I think Zack isn't as excited about it as the Army even though we think it would be a safer option and the deployments wouldn't be as long. I don't want him to have any regrets and I want him to be safe above all else. I'm just really conflicted.

Either one he picks, I know he's going to have to be away for a long time and that is really upsetting. Everytime I think of going through each day without even hearing from him makes me cry instantly, especially when I think of birthdays/holidays/etc. I give all of you so much credit and I think you're all so strong, I hope I can show that same strength.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this community!

Leah

Last edited by Leah on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=65601527
Beth
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome to SR!!!

I am Beth (23) and my hubby Dustin (25) is AD Army. We are stationed at fort riley kansas. We just started our first deployment together and his second one.

I look forward to getting to know you Smile
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Beth wrote:
Welcome to SR!!!

I am Beth (23) and my hubby Dustin (25) is AD Army. We are stationed at fort riley kansas. We just started our first deployment together and his second one.

Nice to meet you Beth!! Smile

How long have you been stationed there? Did he get to choose where to be stationed? I'm hoping that maybe Zack can get stationed at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, NY (if he chooses Army of course) but I don't know how likely that is.

How do you handle deployments? Is there anything you do in particular that helps you? Sorry for all the questions lol if I'm being a pain I'll stop.

Cant wait to get to know you and everyone here!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey welcome to the site! I'm Karla married to William almost four years and together for over five. The ladies here are great. My hubby was usmc but never deployed as he worked hmx-1 in va. However we are plenty good at the long distance. I'm Canadian and he is American, we have lived together however right now I am finishing school. So we are apart currently but if you have any questions just ask away Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey Leah!! Welcome to SR! I'm Bridget and I'm married to Thomas who is AD Army. We are stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. We just got here, so we've got 3 years here and an upcoming deployment in our near future! I hope you enjoy it here and I can't wait to get to know you!!
Back to top Go down
Kinsey
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Kinsey
Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:52 pm

hey there! i'm kinsey, my boyfriend Robert is in the Navy and is in VA. I'm in NC where i'm going to school to be a dental hygienist. Good luck with everything coming your way, whatever you guys decide i'm sure it will be great!

just a ps though. my ex of over seven years was in the army and i must sayy, i like the navy better haha. its easier to handle for me at least. but that's just me... each person's story will be different... no matter what you have all of the support of everyone here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi Leah! Welcome Pets Welcome to SR! I hope you enjoy your stay here, the ladies are amazing!

I am Kana(25), anchored to Jason (28)..we survived a deployment together. he was an AD army until October 2009. We met through the internet, and since we are a half world away, our relationship mostly is a long distance relationship. since the day we're married we only been together for 2 months lol (he visited me every 8 months) but he will move here in a few months and we cant wait till the time is come.

As in picking the right branch, I think both of them as pro and cons, make sure you guys are informed with both branches, and make decision together as this would be about you too.
Army or Navy, it is such a great decision for wanting to serve the country Wink please send him my thank you for that.

oh and as you can read English is not my main language so bear with me Very Happy lol I've been torturing the ladies here with my English for a while Very Happy

Can't wait to get to know you! let us know when you guys joined one branch Wink
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Wow thanks for all of your personal backgrounds and stories!! It means a lot to me, I know that sounds stupid since I just joined and know no one lol but it really does. Thank you ALL for your support and help!!

Kinsey, how come the Navy is easier to handle? What have been some of your experiences so far compared to when you were with your ex in the army (sorry I dont want to bring up bad memories or anything)?

And Kana, we are definitely doing a ton of research. We have been doing research on all branches of military for well over a month now, we've been talking to recruiters, friends, family members (Zack's uncle was a Marine, my little brother is in the Navy), etc. We wanna make a really informed decision and take all aspects into consideration. This is definitely not something to be taken lightly!

Again, THANK YOU for all of your support!! I can't wait to get to know everyone here!! The environment here seems so friendly and welcoming and I can tell this is going to start feeling like a second home/family to me Smile.
Back to top Go down
Kinsey
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Kinsey
Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:25 pm

i just sent you a pm leah!!
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Leah wrote:
Beth wrote:
Welcome to SR!!!

How long have you been stationed there? Did he get to choose where to be stationed? I'm hoping that maybe Zack can get stationed at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, NY (if he chooses Army of course) but I don't know how likely that is.

How do you handle deployments? Is there anything you do in particular that helps you? Sorry for all the questions lol if I'm being a pain I'll stop.

Dustin has been stationed here for 3 to 4 years and I have been here since september. He didnt get a choice right out of AIT. Well this is our first deployment but I handle it by staying super busy and working def helps and the most important part is I have this ladies to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 pm

Beth wrote:
Leah wrote:
Beth wrote:
Welcome to SR!!!

Dustin has been stationed here for 3 to 4 years and I have been here since september. He didnt get a choice right out of AIT. Well this is our first deployment but I handle it by staying super busy and working def helps and the most important part is I have this ladies to talk to.

Thanks Beth!!! If Dustin wants to move to a different base, will he get to choose?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie
E-1
E-1

First Name: : Bonnie
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Josh is now a Vet! But was AD Army for 5 years.
Number of posts : 158
Anniversary : July 24
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi! I'm Bonnie(25) married to Josh(26) who got out of the Army last May! We are now living in Evansville,IN-I am originally from TN Josh from TX and he was stationed in Ft Campbell,KY while he was in the Army(its on the boarder of TN and KY).

I hope to get to know you better! There's a lot of sweet girls here!
Back to top Go down
http://peasnpod.blogspot.com/
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Leah! I'm Carrie married to Tim. He is AD Army right now but he is in the process of being medically retired. We have a 10 month old son Lance and another on the way. Right now we are at Ft Eustis in VA but looking into other options for when Tim gets out.

I'm also from Long Island, I grew up near Hicksville, and we may even move back when he gets out. As far as Ft Hamilton goes, unless he is an MP or in the medical field, and those might not be able to go there either, Ft Hamilton is only a reserve base. Tim had actually looked into it when we first got married. But Ft Dix, an Active Duty base, is only about 3 hrs or so away maybe even less, not too bad.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:16 am

Hi Leah! Welcome to SR. He needs to go Air Force. Wink
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:44 pm

*Carrie* wrote:
Hi Leah! I'm Carrie married to Tim. He is AD Army right now but he is in the process of being medically retired. We have a 10 month old son Lance and another on the way. Right now we are at Ft Eustis in VA but looking into other options for when Tim gets out.

I'm also from Long Island, I grew up near Hicksville, and we may even move back when he gets out. As far as Ft Hamilton goes, unless he is an MP or in the medical field, and those might not be able to go there either, Ft Hamilton is only a reserve base. Tim had actually looked into it when we first got married. But Ft Dix, an Active Duty base, is only about 3 hrs or so away maybe even less, not too bad.

Can't wait to get to know you better!

Congratulations on your baby!! That's cool that you're from near Hicksville, I'm from Northport, which is near Huntington (Suffolk County). I know Ft. Hamilton is 99.9% sure not going to happen lol. It kinda sucks, I really wanted him to be stationed there but I'll go wherever he needs to be, I'm just hoping it's close enough to NY!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi, I'm Stephanie, welcome to SR. WE're currently in the process of moving from the USAF Academy, CO to NE while DJ (hubby) is in training til Nov.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey Leah, welcome to the site! I'm Karen (23) married to Jerry (25). Before hubs joined the army he was navy and often talks about how much more he loves the army.

Together we have two boys and have faced basic, deployment, and PCS. There are times when it's not easy but with time you'll learn you are so much stronger than you ever imagined. We are all here for you so dive in and start posting. I look forward to getting to know you.
Back to top Go down
Addie
E-1
E-1

First Name: : Adaline
Branch : N/A
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Hi Leah and Welcome Pets to the forum!!!!! My name is Addie, and I have no soldier at the moment but have gone through one deployment so far. I can't wait to get to know you so jump in and start posting!!! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!!!
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey there im brittney (20) married to robert (22). he is currently deployed and its been almost 8 months now. we are stationed at ft.lewis wa for right now until november then we are headed to ft. bliss, tx. cant wait to get to know you better!!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6

First Name: : Samantha
Hero's Name : Josh
Number of posts : 1091
Anniversary : December 15, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 am

Hey Leah. I can't wait to get to know you!! Welcome to SR.

I'm Samantha (21) married to Josh (24). We're currently going through our 2nd deployment together. We've been together for about 6 years and married for 3.5. No kiddos yet and no pets either! I live alone and work WAY too much to take care of anything other than myself!! We are stationed out of Fort Lewis, WA but I've moved home to AR right after he left for Iraq.

The military life can be really hard at times, but it will make you notice how strong you can be. We're all here for you... So don't forget that. Smile And stay busy!!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4

First Name: : Jennifer
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome to SR! I'm Jennifer (25) married to Mike (27) who is AD Army. We are stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY... have been here since 2008 and will probably be here until Mike ETS's out. We are up for reenlistment before the end of the year and it seems we are still bouncing between a 3 or 6 year contract. We've survived one deployment and countless training schools and are gearing up for our second deployment before the end of summer.

We're glad to have you here!!
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for all of your kind messages and welcomes!! I cant wait to start posting a ton and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators

First Name: : Whitney
Hero's Name : Luke
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 1334
Anniversary : February 27
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Hey Leah! Welcome to SR! My name is Whitney..I'm from Wisconsin and engaged to Luke, who recently made it home after a longggg deployment to Iraq and four months of med hold at Ft. Bliss, TX.

So excited to get to know you!

Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2

Brother - Navy

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Nice to meet you Whitney!! Thank you for being so welcoming! Smile

I'm extremely glad that your soldier made it home safely!!! How long is it going to be before he has to go on another deployment (if you know)?
Back to top Go down
Lia
E-6
E-6

Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 pm

hey Leah. i'm Lia. Smile

i'm 23 and i just graduated from college in central VA and i'm going to be moving to the dc area in just a couple of months. i'm very excited.

i'm not with anyone in the military -- or anyone at all, actually -- but i met most of the ladies here when i was so i had to stick around. it's definitely a big decision that zack is making and i know it can't be easy on either of you.

i can't wait to get to know you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone!   

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Introduce Yourself! :: Meet the Members!-
Jump to: