The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Motivation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 am

What keeps you motivated to keep going when you feel like giving up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

My problem is that I get motivated and I'll all moto for like... 2 months and then it dies off and everything I've lost, I gain back plus 10 lbs, it seems like. It sucks hardcore, but I think this time around... I hope, it will be different! So, I'm looking for different ways to keep me motivated! I really hope you ladies will help keep me on track, although I know I am the most important component of this equation.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 pm

I print off my goals, and my reasons for losing weight and stick them up on the corkboard. I journal almost daily about everything and anything i am feeling in regards to it, and I belong to an LJ community that's been really supportive too. I also talk to friends and my husband when I am feeling down about something. Also, I keep track of NSV (non scale victories) such as walking without feeling winded or my shirts getting too big etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Psykiblue wrote:
I print off my goals, and my reasons for losing weight and stick them up on the corkboard. I journal almost daily about everything and anything i am feeling in regards to it, and I belong to an LJ community that's been really supportive too. I also talk to friends and my husband when I am feeling down about something. Also, I keep track of NSV (non scale victories) such as walking without feeling winded or my shirts getting too big etc.

That sounds like a really good idea! I'm going to start doing that!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 pm

We should probably have a Non Scale Victory subsection, that would be really neat, so that way no one who posts any would get lost in the shuffle so to speak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:26 pm

That is a good idea! Maybe we could have a sticky with it? So that we can just post in it everytime we have one? I don't know if they can do subforums of subforums, haha. But I say yes! I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Well they could make it its own subforum Smile
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Psykiblue wrote:

thoes are great ideas!!! love it!

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Psykiblue wrote:
We should probably have a Non Scale Victory subsection, that would be really neat, so that way no one who posts any would get lost in the shuffle so to speak.

I can make on ongoing Non-Scale Victory Sticky--is that the name you think we should go with? or make some suggestions...something that would scream WOOHOO lol

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I like the name Non-Scale Victories! Smile
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

The thing that keeps me going the most...is when i get really down on my self..i want my confidence back!! Also i wanna look good for my hubby! he gets mad everytime im down on myself. but he doesnt understand when we would sit in a resturant and he would stare at a skinny minny for like 30 secs it just killed me. Everyone has an eye..i sure as heck told him he needs to watch himself before i smack him upside the head lol Bahaha
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:30 pm

@I like Non Scale Victories too! Because I find there's too much focus on numbers and not how you feel sometimes.

@Brittney, my husband use to this and it use to piss me off, not because he was checking other people out because everyone does it, but because he was being too freaking obvious. So one day while we were on base I started commenting about all the hawt marines, then we got into a row and he finally realized what he was doing so he's been a heck of a lot better about it. That was 3 years ago, so it works Smile
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 am

My motivation is to put up Older Pics of what I know I can be.(which i haven't done since I've been here)

and Positive Affirmations!

PostSubject: Re: Motivation?   

Back to top Go down

Motivation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness :: Fitness Journal-
Jump to: