The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9 Tips for Lustrous Locks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Empty
PostSubject: 9 Tips for Lustrous Locks   9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 am

Lather With Care

Scrubbing hair too vigorously while shampooing can damage cuticles and make hair shafts snag against each other.

Go Sulfate Free

Sulfates, such as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate, can strip hair of its glossiness. Look for lines like Kronos, which are free of dulling sulfates.

Condition Daily
If your hair is dry, it's much more likely to be damaged during styling, which robs your hair of gloss. Keep it conditioned to avoid shine loss.

Cool Down
Do a cold rinse at the end of your shower. This will help seal the cuticle so it lies flat and stays shiny. It also helps prevent frizz.

Ditch the Towel
A rough towel can cause an amazing amount of damage on wet hair. When drying your hair, opt for an old t-shirt and dry in a straight motion from roots to tips. This will smooth the cuticle and keep hair shiny.

Avoid Hair "Chapping"
Have you ever noticed that your lips tend to get chapped if you lick them too frequently? That's because the air actually sucks the moisture out of lips as they dry, leaving them dehydrated. The same principle applies to your hair. The more frequently you wet your hair, the less shine you're likely to have.

Don't Brush Wet
Brushing your hair when it's wet can stretch the strands and break them. Either let your hair dry first, or apply a product like Liquid Theory Conditioning Detangler and gently comb hair with a wide tooth comb.

Always Use Protection
Nothing robs hair of its gloss like heat styling. High temperatures damage the natural lipids that help keep hair flexible and shiny. Never apply heat to unprotected hair. Get yourself a good leave-in, heat protectant styling spray. These products coat hair to lock in moisture and shield against heat, helping to reduce damage. Try Kronos Liquid Theory Conditioning Detangler. Not only does it protect hair from getting deep-fried, it also leaves it ultra-glossy, silky-soft and frizz-free.

Don't Pony Up
Wearing your hair in a ponytail is a hassle-free style, but pulling your hair back in a tight knot bends it, breaks it and chokes the shine right out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: 9 Tips for Lustrous Locks   9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 am

Hrm interesting, I think I shall have to investigate these.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: 9 Tips for Lustrous Locks   9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 am

Most of them are false or only apply to certain hair types.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 9 Tips for Lustrous Locks   9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 am

oh wow thank you for sharing Trish! I need to try these..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 Tips for Lustrous Locks   9 Tips for Lustrous Locks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9 Tips for Lustrous Locks
Page 1 of 1