The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Menu Suggestions Needed!

Go down 
+2
HeatherH
Saundra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saundra
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Saundra
Hero's Name : Brian
Branch : Former AD Army/Now Army Reserves
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Menu Suggestions Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:26 pm

So my Mom has made me in charge of coordinating my sister's graduation party menu so I need help with suggestions!! It's 1-4pm party so thinking mostly appetizers...etc...What are some easy menu items?

Thanks ladies!
Back to top Go down
HeatherH
Moderators
Moderators
HeatherH

First Name: : Heather
Hero's Name : Bobby
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 659
Anniversary : June 27, 2007
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:29 pm

For our grad parties my mom always did like a tuna pasta salad, potato salad, and then a fruit bowl (actually a cut out watermelon with fruit in it but that's a lot of work lol).

Also, lil sammiches, like turkey or ham on buns is quick and fairly easy.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:50 pm

pinwheels! They are my favorite snack food for parties! Do a veggie tray too with a few different kinds of dips!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Annie
E-1
E-1
Annie

First Name: : Andrea
Hero's Name : Sean Boy
Branch : National Guard SFG
Number of posts : 143
Anniversary : August 09, 2008
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:00 pm

I have to agree, pinwheels are so quick and easy to make, and they are like the perfect party appetizer, chips and dips. You are going to want things that don't take too much time to prepare.
Back to top Go down
mommytanyaof2
E-2
E-2
mommytanyaof2

Hero's Name : Ralph Jacobs
Branch : ARMY
Number of posts : 247
Anniversary : October 16, 1999
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

How do you make pinwheels?

Lots of good ideas already...I would say a meat and cheese platter with rolls to make sanwiches, a veggie tray, fruit salad, diff types of summer salads like pasta, macaroni, and potato. Maybe chips and dip.
Back to top Go down
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:19 am

The ladies have given you some great ideas!

I also love doing finger type of foods. I love doing fruit kabobs because they are easy to make. Or even fruit and cheese kabobs to change it up.

Maybe some meatballs that are in either sweet BBQ sauce, or curry bbq sauce or marinara sauce or whatever y'all like.

One thing I like to make that is a little time consuming but such a great treat is make sugar cookies and put a cream cheese mixture and some fresh fruit on top of it. It's a play off of the peachy plantation pizza from pampered chef. but you can pre make the sugar cookies along with buying the ones that you just put on the cookies sheet so that takes off some time. I like putting kiwi and strawberry on them.

You could premake gyro type sandwhiches and cut them in whatever thickness and stick a toothpick in them to keep from unrolling. Alot of that you can do the night before.

best of luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:33 am

Deviled Eggs
Pasta Salad
Veggie Platter
Chip and Dip Platter
Deli Sandwich Platter
Burgers
Hotdogs
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Pinwheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menu Suggestions Needed!   Menu Suggestions Needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menu Suggestions Needed!
Page 1 of 1