The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breast Pumps....???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smolly0523
E-1
E-1
smolly0523

First Name: : Molly.
Hero's Name : Justin.
Branch : AD Army.
Number of posts : 131
Anniversary : 18 October 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Breast Pumps....??? Empty
PostSubject: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:44 pm

What brand would you recommend for a breast pump?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Medela all the way! That's the one I have and I LOVE it! They have great customer service but I've never needed to use it. I use mine every morning and in the beginning about 4 times a day. Still going strong Smile
Back to top Go down
LeighAnn0501
E-2
E-2
LeighAnn0501

First Name: : Leigh Ann
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:36 pm

My Aunt swears my Medela as well.......she's never had any probs and is going strong 9 months later as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

I have the Medela Pump in Style. It's the closest thing to hospital grade that you can get. It is pretty expensive, so I would suggest getting a manual pump until your milk comes in and you know for sure that you're going to use it. I know women that have bought it before hand, had BF problems and never really got to use it.
Back to top Go down
smolly0523
E-1
E-1
smolly0523

First Name: : Molly.
Hero's Name : Justin.
Branch : AD Army.
Number of posts : 131
Anniversary : 18 October 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks for the insight. I do appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:54 am

Another option is to buy the single electric pump and don't open it. I think that Babies R Us lets you return it as long as it's never been opened. I only say this because I don't think I would have time to manually pump... and the singles are a lot cheaper then the double electric pump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:55 am

Or better yet, call around to local maternity/baby stores or the local hospital and see if you can't rent one for a few weeks. If everything works out then you'll know it's worth spending the money. If it doesn't then you're only out the cost for the rental.
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:56 pm

I had the one from walmart and it was great. I didnt get to use it alot but the time that I did,I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I had a Madela and LOVED it! I took it on car trips with us and everything. I was great!
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breast Pumps....???   Breast Pumps....??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breast Pumps....???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Daily Life! :: Pregnancy and TTC-
Jump to: