The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Step!

Go down 
+6
KristaC
Laura
Annie
scgrits488
Beth
Sarah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 am

We just did our 1st step of the adoption process!

We have officially filled out our application! Tomorrow I have to write an autobiography for the both of us and then submit that along with a family photo! From there we go into the classes and home study!

There is so much I need to do to prepare for the home study! Mostly the basic safety updates and a ladder for the upstairs bedroom in case of a fire! I am going to completely baby proof the house and hit all the safety standards while Mike is gone for training for a month!

I am also going to purchase our first big baby furniture! A convertible crib and mattress!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:45 am

Sarah I truly believe that you guys are going to be the positive thing to happen in some child's life. I hope it all goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:25 am

Thats great you all are going to be great parents.
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2
scgrits488

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 am

Thats amazing, my thoughts and prayers are with you through out this process! from what I have read from your post you will be a wonderful mother to whatever child God has planned for you and your hubby!
Back to top Go down
Annie
E-1
E-1
Annie

First Name: : Andrea
Hero's Name : Sean Boy
Branch : National Guard SFG
Number of posts : 143
Anniversary : August 09, 2008
Registration date : 2010-05-01

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

YAY I AM EXCITED FOR A NEW BABY/IES!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to take classes so I can babysit them!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 pm

This is such an amazing thing that you are doing! I wish you nothing but the best through the process!
Back to top Go down
KristaC
E-2
E-2
KristaC

First Name: : Krista
Hero's Name : Divine Sudan
Branch : US Air Force
Number of posts : 266
Anniversary : April 10, 2010
Registration date : 2010-05-12

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:19 pm

that is awesome girl. i know just from the time ive been on here you will make a wonderful mother to a kid that doesnt have one. you and your hubby are going to be so happy and im so happy for you that you never gave up. anything that was thrown in your path you stomped through and all that just made you a stronger woman, wife and soon to be mother. ill most def. keep you in my prayers in that this process is a joy to you and your boo!!!! love ya girl
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:46 pm

While I think its great Sarah that you want to Foster/Adopt, it may take anywhere between 12 months to longer, and I'm not saying it to discourage you. I just know realistically it all takes time. Also, for Foster Care often you won't necessarily get babies even if you specify you would like them specifically. As well as they often assess things like if you are adopting through foster care if you are actively trying to have kids they won't let you because they feel like the child you're adopting will be second best or some sort of thing. Or have the kid returned like it has happened.

I've worked in the system so I know how complicated and often how poorly run it is through policies and the like. Hopefully it'll pass by quickly for you guys though. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Settles
E-1
E-1
Settles

First Name: : V.
Hero's Name : B.
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 136
Anniversary : April 23
Registration date : 2010-06-10

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:16 pm

That's a wonderful thing to do with your life and the resources that you have been blessed with. I hope it happens quickly for you. One of my professors just got a five year old little boy last semester. It took her family several years of heartbreak though.
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2
Leah

First Name: : Leah
Hero's Name : Zack
Branch : Boyfriend - Army
Brother - Navy
Number of posts : 268
Anniversary : February 4th
Registration date : 2010-03-29

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 pm

that is so wonderful that you're doing this!! you and mike are going to make amazing parents and any child that comes into your home is going to be soo lucky! best of luck, i hope everything turns out well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=65601527
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 pm

We are not expecting it to be instant, we know there is a long process and we are starting that amazing process. Because I am only 24 our state has laws stating that if I couldnt have had the child at 21 then we cant foster or adopt through the state. So that would put our age limit at 3 years. I know many people who have fostered to adopt and are still TTC in the area that have very successfully foster and/or adopted from the state. Annies sister is a foster parent and never stopped trying for her own. The laws for each state differ and we qualify as a perfect foster home since we dont have children in the home and I am a housewife.

Our state has many many children in foster care that need good homes. Sadly many parents in this area are unable to care for their children so that leaves babies in foster care. Also we will be terminating our medical journey to conceive as a joint decision to pursue other ways of becoming parents. We are excited to see where this journey takes us and we are very well aware of the roadblocks we will face.
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I am so excited for you guys!! I know that you all will make GREAT parents!! That child will have the best parents I could think of!!
Back to top Go down
Annie
E-1
E-1
Annie

First Name: : Andrea
Hero's Name : Sean Boy
Branch : National Guard SFG
Number of posts : 143
Anniversary : August 09, 2008
Registration date : 2010-05-01

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 pm

I am so excited for you guys and there are tons of children in our area that do not have loving homes to call their own. You guys will make wonderful parents and I am looking forward to having another baby during our mandatory fun nights! Luv you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Step! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Step!   First Step! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Step!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Daily Life! :: Pregnancy and TTC-
Jump to: