Recruit

First Name: : Faith
Hero's Name : Neil
Branch : Navy
Number of posts : 9
Anniversary : 21st Jan
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:46 am

Ok so i did the introducing myself thing on the other page but i just wanted to say hello and try and explain a little who i am.

I am a Navy girlfriend and have been for over a year now, this is the first time i have ever came on a site like this and to be honest its out of curiosity. I live in England, my lad lives in Australia. So we're long distance to begin with, on top of that is his job. I have 3 years left of University and maybe one year work before i can move over. It's a big commitment but i love him so much. When hes home i get him on video calls and when hes away i get an email maybe once a week. Everyone i explain this to have said that i'm insane for being in this relationship but i'm not going to leave his side and he wont leave mine. I'm guessing that you guys can understand how i feel? I rely on his mum for any information on how hes doing, we have a good relationship, which is nice. He's been home for a while and i've had him on video call everyday, now hes gone away again its even harder then before. I have to wait until Christmas to see him and they will be the best couple of weeks! It's the first time i'm finding it tough.

So umm.. Hi Smile Laughing hehe! What about you guys? Any advice on the site newbie Very Happy study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:00 am

Hiya Faith. =) My name is Bridget, aka Bee, and I am married to my husband, who is in the US Army. My husband is currently deployed, so I can totally relate and feel your pain. Everyone on here can relate one way or another, because we've all been there, done that. It's hard but when you have people who help support you through the tough times, it definitely helps! If you have any questions, just ask. We'll all be sure to answer to the best of our ability!
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am

Welcome Faith!!!

I am Beth (24) and my hubby Dustin (25) is AD Army. We are stationed at fort riley kansas. he is currently deployed so i know how exciting and the feeling you get when you get to see him on video. When we was dating we did the long distance relationship, I think that made us so strong.

The girls here are wonderful and if you ever need anything feel free to ask Smile
Back to top Go down
littlemiss
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 am

Hey, thanks for getting back to me Smile

I was wondering where do you guys find your strength from? With most of you guys when he comes home from deployment hes home and back with you, when mine comes home i'm still not with him. Just glad he isnt at sea anymore and i get video woohoo! haha! Some days i'm great and other days i'm not so great.

Oh and i know he's feeling the same as me is there anyway you've found that i can comfort him? I know he's just as sad as me and i know that when he gets home from deployment there is no one to meet him on the wharf. (His friends are all in different ships and his family are on the other side of Australia and well im here in England) Is there anyway i can ease that? somehow...

Sorry to sorta throw them in there, they are things i was pondering on but have never asked.

Thank you for being so welcoming! Very Happy

Love Faith xx Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 am

I am wondering is there a way that you can go visit? How about sending him care packages? Thats what I do when hubby is deployed but how about doing a welcome home care package for him to get when he gets home.
Back to top Go down
littlemiss
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 am

If i could visit i would Sad I start university in sept and he has deployment so the only time we both have to see one another is christmas, if he gets leave. However i only gotta wait till next sept! As i'll have one year at a university there! (providing hes not on deployment, i'll see him most days) Hes changing ships so he doesnt know any dates and wont till everythings sorted, i dont even have him on email at the moment something about a change of domain.

I have no idea about care packages, are Navy/Army/Air force different? Its all new, i dont know about customs either, as in what i can and cant send. Might be something worth researching because a welcome home package sounds so sweet!

I only know where abouts he is (ish) and rough dates of his return and the only way i can get in touch is by email. I can't even speak to him on the phone because i'm not in australia. (In the middle of the sea your mob is out of range) I didn't think i could send letters or stuff either because he was at sea. Not that i've ever asked Neutral

Reading through what i've wrote sounds so dismal haha honestly it isnt that bad. Hes in touch whenever he can be how ever he can be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:31 am

I think you can send letters actually I think I remeber a friend saying they sent letters to someone in the navy.

I am not sure if there are different restrictions on what you can send or not between the different branches of the military.
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:05 am

Welcome to SR, I am Katy 22 my boyfriend is 24 and serving in the Air Force! stay strong!! distance isn't always easy!
Back to top Go down
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am

Welcome to site. My name is Amy. Look forward to getting to know you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:21 am

Hey there Faith. I'm Karen (24) married to Jerry (25). He is Army, and together we have two beautiful boys. He has been through one deployment, and together we have moved to Alaska for his new duty station.

I'm glad you found the site. The girls here are great, so if there's anything you need just ask. I hope you like it here as much as we all do.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Faith Smile I'm Laura(25) married to Chris(26) who is AD Army. We are stationed at Ft. Bragg NC and are currently going through our first deployment. Tomorrow we will be a week into it! YAY! We have one amazing little boy named Nicholai, who is going to be 1 at the end of August. We also have a furbaby, a cat named Aurora.

You are definitely in the right place. The girls here are amazing!!! I remember doing the long distance thing with my husband back when we were dating. He was in NC and I was living in NJ and it's about a 7 hour drive in between. We saw each other once every 3 months or so and it was hard so I understand. It's hard for people who aren't in our shoes to understand why we love our guys and stick by them even when we can't see them whenever we want, but no worries, we understand here.

You should be able to send care packages to the ship. My friend is in the Navy and we would send him care packages all the time with cookies and movies and different things like that.
Back to top Go down
littlemiss
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:14 pm

hey girls, you're all being so welcoming it's really made me feel loads better.
It's a real comfort knowing that other couples have gone through the long distance bit with deployment and are still going strong. Very Happy

I'll look into the care package thing and ask him when he gets back. It's never crossed my mind before last time he was away we just emailed and his mum kept me up to date as much as possible. Smile

Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Im Darcy (21) married to Jeremy (23). We live in KY and (for now) he's in the National Guard. We've been through one deployment. We have one little girl, Riley Beth, who will be 1 next month!! We also have 3 mini- doxies.

Jump in and start posting! Cant wait to get to know you!!

--As for advice.. Me and Jeremy were long distance when he was overseas so Im really no help!
Back to top Go down
Molly120
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Molly
Hero's Name : Justin
Branch : Marine Corps Reserve
Number of posts : 453
Anniversary : March 24
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Hey!! Im Molly (22) dating Justin (21) who is a Marine Reserve. We are currently moving in together and are finally moving our relationship close distance, instead of 2.5 hours Smile I am a senior at East Carolina, graduating in December after my internship as a juvenile court counselor. Cant wait to get to know you!!!
Back to top Go down
KristaC
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Krista
Hero's Name : Divine Sudan
Branch : US Air Force
Number of posts : 266
Anniversary : April 10, 2010
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am

hey faith.....its nice to get to know a little bit about ya!!! it sounds like you got a lot on your plate huh, i completely understand how you feel though, me and my husband had to try the long distance thing when we went to college, (now this was just from florence to charleston, not near as far as england to australia) but sitll. i understand how you feel about the comitment thing and i just say that it seems like you guys have the strong enough love to get you through this journey!!!
you will love this site and find that these women on here will help you through pretty much ANY problem that you come to them with!!! i hope you have fun and i look forward to hearing more from ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete Newbie!    

Back to top Go down

Complete Newbie!
Page 1 of 1