Total Newbie Here!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
loveandsand
Recruit

First Name: : Traci
Hero's Name : Erik
Branch : Army National Guard (Currently In Process of Enlisting).
Number of posts : 15
Anniversary : 13 June 2010
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey ladies !! ,

I'm Traci (20), and my s/o is Erik (18). I'm a proud army brat Smile, former jrotc cadet & currently a full time Criminal Justice Major in college - my s/o is currently in the process of enlisting into the army national guard, and ships out for training next summer at the latest. I'm new to a site like this .. so I'm confused on how all of this works out .. however, I'm not new to being a military sweetheart, I've had past relationships with military men. I'm here to get to know you all Smile and hopefully make some friends & to find support from other military sweethearts like yourselves ; in a nutshell, the MOS he's choosing scares the crap out of me .. so here I am Smile. Not sure what else to say.. like I said, hope to get to know you all!!

Very Happy,

Traci.
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Welcome to SR, I am Katy (22) dating Markeis (24). He is in the Air Force, currently preparing for our first deployment together next month and his third over all. Just jump right in and start posting away! everyone is wonderful here! can't wait to get to know you a little better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey Traci. welcome I'm Karen (24) married to Jerry (26) and together we have two beautiful little boys. We've been together through his basic training, a deployment, and a PCS. The girls here are great. I hope you like it here as much as we do. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

If you don't mind me asking, MOS is he choosing?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Welcome to SR! I'm Laura(25) married to Chris(26) who is AD Army of 7 years and counting. We are currently stationed at Ft. Bragg NC and are going through our first deployment. We have one amazing little boy named Nicholai who is going to be a year old at the end of August.

Just jump on in and post away. If you have any questions about the board feel free to ask away Smile Can't wait to get to know you.
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Welcome to SR!!!!

I am Beth (24) and my hubby Dustin (25) is AD Army. We are stationed at Fort Riley Kansas and currently going through our first deployment together and his second one.

I can't wait to get to know you!!
Back to top Go down
loveandsand
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks you all for the warm welcome! & nice to meet all of you Smile.

Karen - Awe, I take it one of your beautiful boys is the one in the picture with you? He's adorable ! If you don't my saying that. & Erik's chose sniper (not sure if there's another term for that or not).

Laura - you're little boy is adorable too! I hope you're doing good through his deployment, I may be a newbie, but I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

Katy - I hope everything goes well during his deployment Smile. If you don't mind my asking, what's it like to be involved with a guy in the Air Force? - Never known too much about that branch & relationship you could say lol that sounded so bad.

Beth - Thank you for welcoming me Very Happy , hope to get to know you too! Hope things are going well during your first deployment together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I can understand your worry, if he's gonna be a sniper. But I will say from experience that, snipers are some of the best trained guys. My husband did sniper training while he was deployed. I always worried about him. He always reassured me "Don't worry about it baby. By the time they figure out where we were shooting from we're long gone." Smile
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Traci, First off Thank you! I am still trying to figure that one out too. lol I have also dated a couple military boys before Markeis. I like it a lot more than the Navy but then again it could be because we have so much planned for our future together. It has every ups and downs with any branch. I do know that AF deployments tend to be shorter time frame than some of the other branches. His job is Security Forces which is MP. so he does work with Army a lot especially during deployments. I hope maybe that answer your question a little bit.. :/
Back to top Go down
LeighAnn0501
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Leigh Ann
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Welcome to SR!!!! It won't take long before you feel right at home....these girls are my sisters, and I have no idea what I'd do without them!!!
I'm Leigh Ann (22), and not currently with any military SO.....I dated a Marine for 14 1/2 months, but we broke up on good terms, and the girls let me stick around Smile

Jump right in and start posting, can't wait to get to know you better, and if you need anything let me know!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks Traci! It's always nice to have people to talk to... someone to text or something... just helps pass the time. We are still in the beginning of our deployment. It hasn't even been a month yet but I'm doing ok. I keep waiting to have that breakdown and bawl my eyes out but so far it hasn't happened. I get to talk to hubs on a pretty regular basis so that helps.

This is my hubby's first deployment and our first deployment together but not mine. I dated a guy that was Army before I got married and he deployed. It was a 15 monther and we survived 8 months of it before his PTSD made him crazy. It was a really hard deployment.... he went missing for 3 days in the first month, got hit in the face with shrapnel the 3rd month and almost lost his eye, got hit again with shrapnel in the leg on the 6th month and nearly lost his leg and our relationship just wasn't strong enough to survive all that and how it changed him. After going through that this deployment feels more like a TDY heh.
Back to top Go down
kristen
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Kristen
Hero's Name : Matt
Branch : Active Duty Air Force
Number of posts : 260
Anniversary : November 14, 2008
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Traci! Glad you joined here, I'm Kristen (24) and my boyfriend (22) is AD Air Force and is currently about 5 months through his second deployment, I'm finally getting close to having him back Smile I see that you're from Stamford, CT! My parents were both born there and all my family is up in CT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi! I'm Carrie married to Tim. He is retired Army and we are currently living with my parents on Long Island. We have a 14 and a half month old Lance and are awaiting the arrival of Brock Andrew in October. The ladies here are great, hope you like it here!
Back to top Go down
KristaC
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Krista
Hero's Name : Divine Sudan
Branch : US Air Force
Number of posts : 266
Anniversary : April 10, 2010
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:41 am

well hey there chica!!! im krista (22) and my hubby divine (22) is in tech school rite now im maryland, we have about two more months left before we will be pscing to our new home...charleston....which i mind you is only a hour and half away from our actual home, lol. we are both new to the military scene. he is active duty air force!!! we are really excited aobut this new life style and journy ahead of us. you will fit in so good here, i dont know anyone that wouldnt, lol. these girls are wonderful for everything. they have helped me sooooo stinkin much already and we are just getting into all this Smile. we love to see new faces and we as well look forward to getting to know you!!!

oh ps.....we have the same birthdays...lol we totally ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
loveandsand
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Karen - Awe, I like the phrase he used, it's sweet Smile & also very true. Smile I agree with you when you say they are some of the best trained men, I've met a sniper in the past year - I remember he popped out of nowhere and scared the crap out of me lol.

Katy - You're welcome! I'm jealous of your Markeis now - Security Forces (MP) is what I want to do if I'm able to get into the military, that's pretty neat. I'm glad to hear you have so much planned for the future Smile, & can have it all while he's serving in the air force. I , too, dated a man in the navy (ex-fiance actually), I thought the bases were gorgeous, and in general a relationship with a Sailor was quite intriguing, but like you, I ended up being more fond of the army and an army man lol (doesn't make me sound crazy does it?) lol.

Leigh Ann - I'm sorry to hear about your break up Sad, but glad to know it was on good terms. Sounds great that the girls are letting you stick around , they seem awesome to me, and I'm here for you if you need anything as well !

Laura - You're welcome! Smile. That's good that you get to talk to him on a regular basis, that must definitely be helping prevent the breaking down and bawling your eyes out (hope it doesn't happen). I'm going to have a blond moment - feel free to laugh - TDY? I hope your ex is doing better and that the ptsd isn't as bad .. that's rough on any relationship. I've also been involved with an army man who ended up with ptsd, but a minor form, over a year ago. I remember waking up on night to him tossing & turning, shaking, yelling a bit, and just his arms and legs wouldn't stay still. I made the mistake of waking him up, ended up having my wrist gripped to the point where I lost circulation, and his eyes just seemed to be in another world.. and about 20 minutes later he snapped back to reality and gave me a full lecture on not waking up someone who is having a dream.. of which they think they are back in a war zone, it's crazy stuff.

Kristen - Awe, how much longer until your boyfriend is finally home? & hope you enjoy the lovely R&R when he gets back lol. That's awesome that you're family is up here Very Happy , I was actually born in MA, but I moved to Stamford, CT during middle school and i've been stuck here ever since (not in a bad way). Very Happy.

Carrie - Hi!! Awe you're son is adorable Smile sure your next baby boy will be just as cute & if I'm allowed to say, I thank your husband for serving in the military. It's been two days and I'm already liking it on here, everyone is great!

Krista - Hmm.. same birthdays.. sure we aren't twins?!?! HAHA but yes we rock!!!! Very Happy. How's tech school going for your hubby? Moving an hour n' a half from your actual home can still be a journey Smile besides.. gets you a little farther from home. Active Duty Air Force, awesome. In past relationships, I've always enjoyed everything that came with being involved with a military man.. it's definitely a journey, different lifestyle, and there is so much more to see and do.. I enjoy it greatly, regardless of ups and downs, it's always worth loving a military man Smile. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks Traci, we are doing good with this deployment he is comming home soon for RnR plus we are almost half way done with this. this deployment def shown us how strong we are with all the things that have caused us stress.
Back to top Go down
Molly120
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Molly
Hero's Name : Justin
Branch : Marine Corps Reserve
Number of posts : 453
Anniversary : March 24
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:30 pm

hey!! Im Molly (22) dating Justin (21) who is a Marine Reserve. We just got our first place together, and finally getting our relationship close (we did 18 months of long distance) I am finishing my last undergrad semester then onto grad school. Im glad you found this place and even though Justin is a reserve I love having these girls to talk to!!!
Back to top Go down
baybeegurl5469
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Kris
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Welcome!

I'm Krista (24) married to Jon (32) who is AD Army. We just did our first deployment 2008-2009. We are currently in Fort Hood Texas. I'm originally from Nj and he's from South Dakota. We met working for the same company in Las Vegas. We have one doggy a pit/lab named DeeOGee.

I'm dorky, I love to read, play video games, swim, exercise (love spin class), work on cars and knit.

we currently have our first army brat on the way.

Back to top Go down
KristaC
E-2
E-2

First Name: : Krista
Hero's Name : Divine Sudan
Branch : US Air Force
Number of posts : 266
Anniversary : April 10, 2010
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 am

yup idk, maybe we are long lost twins, lol. yea im still really excited about charleston. im just so ready to be on my own again with my man of course. we are trying to decide now weather or not to stay on base or off base Smile, never thought it was gonna be so hard to decide lol!!! and oh yes i love my military man Smile
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 pm

WELCOME!!! Im Tricia, married to Charles who is AD Army. We are currently stationed at Ft. Sill, OK. We have a beautiful 18 month old little girl and a 4 year old furbaby. Jump right in and let me know if you need anything!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
loveandsand
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:00 pm

That's great to hear cheers , I'm glad you guys are making sure it and enjoy RnR , go crazy even lol & you're welcome, and I definitely admire the strength between you two during his deployment :party:
Back to top Go down
sakuma
E-1
E-1

First Name: : Hanna
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : United States Marine Corps
Number of posts : 73
Anniversary : 10 November 2005
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 am

Welcome! My name is Hanna, and I'm married to an active duty Marine, by the name of Mike. He and I are 22, and former military brats as well. We hail from the Asia-Pacific region, and will always consider that "home." My dad was in the Army and his dad was in the USMC. We're currently living in Silverdale, Washington and absolutely can't wait to get away from this duty station. Lol.

Of course, there are good things about being here. My husband is currently "non-deployable" (although he wants to deploy so badly), but we enjoy the time we have together. After 3.5 years of long distance, it's awesome to be around each other more often! We have two furbabies: a Pomeranian whose full name is Captain "Soap" MacTavish and a foster cat named Luna. They keep me busy, especially when Luna terrorizes Soap. Ha ha!

My goal is to go back to school so I can complete my degree in English Literature with a minor in Women and Gender Studies. For now, I rule the house until I can get a job. It's not a bad life though, and I honestly welcome the break. Wink

Enjoy your time here!
Back to top Go down
loveandsand
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Molly - Hey! I wish you the best of luck in grad school! What are you studying if you don't mind my asking? & reserve, active, guard they may have differences but in the end they are still our military men love lol. And I'm glad that I found this place as well , I've been looking for a place like this.

Krista - Thank you for the welcome! Awe, congratulations for your little army brat being on the way that's adorable! I hope that everything goes great with your little one. Hey!, I'm dorky too, total bookworm, love a few video games, and definitely enjoy exercising, since I started doing that a lot lately. I take it when you go swimming you're like a fish you never want to leave the water? lol. It's pretty cool that you work on cars, as a hobby or for work? (curious person by nature lol) - me, I'm just blond when it comes to working on a car Blonde Moment!

Krista - lol. awe Smile. I didn't think that'd be so hard to decide either! Weigh the pros/cons of living on & off base? Just throwing that idea out there lol. I hope you have fun making that decision, try not to go too crazy with it now, hope you have a lot of fun moving as well Smile . I'm in the process of moving and it's driving my family insane. And once Erik finishes basic/ait next spring/summer since he's signing this fall, i'm moving in with him, and he's so sweet that he left me with the apartment hunting job.. gonna have to plot my revenge for ths one .

(kidding)It might be a month or two "honey I'm home!" deal and living with him, since if I do get into ROTC ill be leaving for it in the fall of next year. So how goes your moving so far? Decide on where to live yet?

Tricia - Hey, thank you for the big welcome! Thanks , you're little girl is beautiful! I'll let you know if I need anything and if you need anything let me know too! Smile

Hanna - Awe thank you for welcoming me! Very Happy , and I'll make certain to enjoy my time here, so far I already am, everyone has been great. Pomeranian's are adorable, so jealous that you have a dog, is there a story behind Captain "Soap" MacTavish? It's adorable. Ha ha, I can only imagine your cat Luna terrorizing Soap, when I was little I had two big dogs and a cat and they would love terrorizing each other and fooling around, that has got to be entertaining, hopefully they don't rough each other up! Glad to hear there are good things about where your duty station is, hope it isn't boring or anything like that No . But I'm glad to hear that both of you get to spend a lot of time together & be together since you've had a long distance relationship for so long before, & I wish you the best of luck when you go back to school! Enjoy the break and continue to have fun and enjoy ruling the house until you go back to college! cheers
Back to top Go down
sakuma
E-1
E-1

First Name: : Hanna
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : United States Marine Corps
Number of posts : 73
Anniversary : 10 November 2005
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm

A story behind our Pom's name? Well, it basically came to this: we give our Pom a stereotypical tiny dog name like "Tiny" or "Kreacher," or we name him after a total badass. We went for the latter. Lol! Captain "Soap" MacTavish is a character from CoD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2; he's a British SAS hard-charger. 'Twas a perfect name for our little dude! It's cute, because our Pom's vet records say "Captain MacTavish," but we just call him "Soap" for short. Smile
Back to top Go down
loveandsand
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Awe that's a cute story Very Happy , the bad ass name was the way to go! Hmm.. that name does seem like a name in those two games.. my friends are addicted to Modern Warfare and Call of Duty as well.
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:04 am

Welcome to SR! First of all, these ladies are a great support system and can help you with probally any problem you ever have! haha.

I'm Darcy (21) married to Jeremy (23). He is in the National Guard (we're in the process for him getting medically discharged-- PTSD). We have been through one deployment. We have one little girl, Riley Beth, who is a year old. We also have 3 mini-doxies --Gus, Lily, & Spunky!

Cant wait to get to know you! Jump in and start posting! Like I said, if you have any question feel free to ask!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Newbie Here!   

Back to top Go down

Total Newbie Here!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next