The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

facebook status

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scgrits488
E-2
E-2
scgrits488

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

facebook status Empty
PostSubject: facebook status   facebook status Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I don't know if any of you ladies have seen this status just recently starting to float around on facebook:"VERY IMPORTANT INFO RE MILITARY FAMILIES ~ It has been brought to my attention that terrorist are hacking into Myspace & FB accounts & targeting family members of the military. The person who notified me w/ this info suggest immediately that anyone that is posting BMT & Tech pictures should remove them NOW & along w/ the phrase that my husband/family member is in the AF/military. Stay Safe!"

I decide to share it with one of the facebook air force girlfriend group, just reminding them to keep things with in Opsec and to make sure there photo albums are secure and what not, have ya'll heard anything else about this issues before I get "corrected" by some of our oh so wise af girlfriends that are the queens of opsec!
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

facebook status Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook status   facebook status Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm

I have not heard of this specific one, I know there are a few others that are out there. I removed anything in my profile a while back that ref. being a military spouse, because I was constantly getting requests from M.E. guys (not saying they were or weren't terrorists, but I don't know any so the large influx bothered me and all I had was proud army wife) You can also adjust who sees your profile too. I have mine set so only people who are my friends can see me!
Back to top Go down

facebook status
Page 1 of 1