The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green My Ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Green My Ride Empty
PostSubject: Green My Ride   Green My Ride Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 am

In January 1994, GH lamented that American cars were only required to average 27.5 miles per gallon, noting, "If the U.S. required American automakers to produce cars averaging 45 miles per gallon of gas (the Honda Civic VX already averages 55 mpg)... the country would save 3.1 million barrels of oil a day." So how are we doing? U.S. cars are required to average 35.5 miles per gallon — by 2016. In the meantime, use these three tricks to up your mpg.
Dating Events

Slow down. Driving 10 mph above 60 is like adding nearly 50 cents to the price of a gallon of gas, since higher speed equals more guzzling.

Get pumped. Once a month, check the pressure of each of the tires against the guidelines listed in your car's manual; add air if needed. Doing this can improve mileage by about 3 percent.

Air out. Replace filters regularly. A new oxygen sensor alone can improve mileage by as much as 15 percent.

intercom repairs

Read more: Go Green Tips - Ways to Go Green - Good Housekeeping
Back to top Go down

Green My Ride
Page 1 of 1