The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things you can do to up your chances!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Things you can do to up your chances! Empty
PostSubject: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:06 am

THINGS YOU CAN DO TO UP YOUR CHANCES:

Pomegranite Juice - This juice improves the thickness of your uterine lining, which is especially helpful for those on fertility treatments. It has to be pure pomergranite juice, not a "mix" like the ones minute maid produces. 8oz daily starting from CD1. Be warned, if you do not get a BFP, AF will make the blood scene from Carrie look like 'nuthin.

Mucinex or Robitussin- the ONLY active ingredient should be guaifenesin. Taken from CD1, this can increase your cervial mucus. Because it's a decongestant, it makes mucus everywhere thin out. If you notice you're kinda "dry" down there or don't see fertile cervical mucus, take this. As to dosage, I'd do what was on the box, but you must start from CD1.

Green Tea
- this is a link to why Green Tea is thought to be good for those trying to conceive. You need about two cups a day and do not take it within 4 hours of your prenatals or folic acid supplement, b/c green tea interefers with your body's absorption.

Vitex- I am the one woman marketing machine when it comes to this stuff. Vitex works similarly to Clomid and you're not supposed to take it if you're on fertility treatments. Vitex aka chasteberry help to straighten out wonky cycles, aide in ovulation and help lengthen your luteal phase. The first month I took Vitex, my luteal phase went from 8 days to 11 days. AMAZING. Technically it takes 3 months to really take effect but you might see results earlier. You can take it throughout your cycle, though some say to stop. I never did. The dosage, i've never found a consistent recommendation. Some say 100mg, some say 1000. I took 480ish in the morning with my vitamins. Also, if you get pregnant, you're supposed to stop the vitex, however many midwives and bumpies have said it's ok in first tri, so ask your doctor/midwife.

B6- I only know of B6 helping people with Luteal Phase Deficiencies, increasing progesterone production. I've not found a consensus on the "right" dosage, but please be careful. Eventhough B6 is water soluble, it can still be toxic. In what I've read, there's no agreement on toxic dosage. I personally take 100mg, another bumpie takes 200mg. Some research says you can take up to 500mg without risking toxicity, but please talk to your doctor since it is so controversial.

Progesterone
- there are many forms of this, most ladies get it from their doctor with specific instructions. However, there are the natural creams you can buy from an herbal store, it's not as "potenent' as what you would get from your doctor, but if you use it after ovulation it will help lengthen your luteal phase. It's also recommended for the 1st tri of pregnancy. And, a good note, it's practically in possible to overdose on progesterone--especially when taking herbal progesterone. So if you put too much lotion on (2 to 6 pumps is what I've read as a recommendation) don't freak. You won't hurt anything. Just be careful to take it AFTER ovulation if you take it before, you can actually stop ovulation from happening.

Pineapple Core- After ovulation, you can eat pineapple core to aid in implantation, (it contains bromelain, which is what is thought to aid implantation). I personally never did this b/c I always forgot. But, recommendations from other are to cut the core into very thin pieces and eat it for five days. Some have made it into a smoothie, but i don't know the recipe. I assume that if you already have a smoothie recipe, just throw in pineapple core.

PreSeed- this is the only sperm friendly lubricant out there. This is helpful for those who are, ahem, dry down there. It's also recommended to those on Clomid, since Clomid dries up your cervial mucus. I also never did this b/c I kept forgetting to buy it. I have been told that a little goes a LONG way, so use sparringly or else your DH will think you turned into a slip 'n slide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 am

I myself have used Preseed and we love it. I did have it issue of drying out on clomid and it helped alot!

I have also used Red Raspberry Leaf tea which is not listed but helps to tone your uterus. You drink it at the start of your cycle until you O. I used this last cycle while on clomid and it helped me to have a thick lining. Clomid is also known to thin out your lining.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for this! After Tuesday I am going to see if there is anything I need to be on other than my flinstones! lol
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Amy
E-4
E-4
Amy

First Name: : Amy
Hero's Name : Michael
Branch : KS Army National Guard
Number of posts : 641
Anniversary : July 14th, 2006
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Gina, this is a great thread! Not TTC, just wanted to throw that out there!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 am

Wow... most of these I had never heard of. I will have to keep this in mind when we start trying for our next baby because it took us almost a year to get preggers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 am

tridelt1076 wrote:
Gina, this is a great thread! Not TTC, just wanted to throw that out there!

well when your little one gets a little bigger you totally need to start TTC again because you make pretty babies Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:24 am

Gina thank you for sharing this I need to bookmark this so we can start TTC as soon as Jason is here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

This is great info! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Army_princess
E-1
E-1
Army_princess

First Name: : Sherry
Hero's Name : Christopher(Chris)
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 148
Anniversary : April 22
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:36 pm

I used mucinex expectorant, baby aspirin, charting my temps, took prenatals, use OPKs.

it took an HSG to get me pregnant though(after tons of blood work and other testing)

If you eat yams it will make you more likely to ovulate, it can also make you ovulate more than one egg, making it more likely to get pregnant with twins
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/army.princess05
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you can do to up your chances!   Things you can do to up your chances! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things you can do to up your chances!
Page 1 of 1