The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chest/heart

Go down 
+3
KristinR1027
Smidget23
Sarah
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Soooo... this has been happening for a few weeks now and I have no clue how to actually explain it but I'll try.

I'll be sitting on the couch and then out of nowhere I get this weird feeling in my chest. It kind of feels like my heart skipped a beat or two or sped up for a second. It's not painful and doesn't leave me short of breath. It's just... weird, haha.
Back to top Go down

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm

are you anxious about anything? I get that a lot too now.
Back to top Go down

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't think I am. Maybe it's something subconsciously but I have no clue what it is or what it'd even be.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Im with Gina on this one..

You can have anxiety without thinking you have anxiety about something. And the more you think about it the more it will happen. Mine started out with breathing problems then turned into chest issues.

I say check with your pcm and have them do some blood work just to make sure but my money is on anxiety
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm

There was one day I was sitting here on the couch and got up to go to the bathroom when I was in there it started beating super fast and I came out and tried sitting on the couch and felt it pounding in my back..very scary! I went to the ER a few days later because it was speeding up a lot, and they did CT scans, Xrays, and had me on a heart monitor for 4 hours. The next day I had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours..and they just chalked it up to anxiety. It's no fun though and super scary since its your heart!
Back to top Go down

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Ahhh. Well, hmm. I guess I'll make an appointment with my Dr. to get it checked out. Thank you, ladies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:45 pm

I'd go to the doc and get it checked out. It could easily be something more serious.
Back to top Go down
KristinR1027
Moderators
Moderators
KristinR1027

First Name: : Kristin
Hero's Name : Frank
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 343
Anniversary : March 23
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Sounds like anxiety to me also, but i'd definitely go ge it checked out just in case.. Sounds scary! I'll be praying for you! Keep us posted on how things go if you do go to the doc!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

I usually get a deep pain my chest where all I do it breathe in since breathe out is a killer. It lasts a few second then I'm ok. Ive seen drs before and had an echo done but nothing. Just who I am and how I function.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 pm

It could be anxiety, however there is a condition where your heart is actually skipping a beat, its not life threatening but it can lead to complications and as we all know those suck anytime no matter what it is.

Get it checked out honey your health is important!
Back to top Go down
mamajess
E-2
E-2

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:01 pm

I get that a lot too. I have a heart murmur so I assume that's what causes mine.
Back to top Go down

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:03 pm

It's crazy because it only lasts for about a second and but it happens like 4 or 5 times a day... if not more.
Back to top Go down
Lia
E-6
E-6
Lia

Number of posts : 1142
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

it sounds more like it could a heart murmur than anxiety if it's happening that often. i say better safe than sorry. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chest/heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chest/heart   Chest/heart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chest/heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: