The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joint Issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 am

Anyone else here suffer with joint issues?

I have for pretty much the last 27 years of my life. I'm 29 so yeah that really sucks. But I have found several things that have helped me.

1) Yoga, it helps strengthen and flex and a lot of other things and the meditation I do is really good for my spirit. I am actually double jointed in all my joints too and this helps as well with that.

2) The gym- both for the physical activity to the incredible support I get there. The trainers are just fantastic and they motivate you.

3) My wii fit/wii active- helps me a lot just to stay active.

4) Walking- There are some mornings where it hurts to put my feet on the floor and I do it anyway, you cannot stop living life, if I did I would literally go no where or do nothing. That's not to say I don't listen to my body, I know the difference between hurt and a flare up obviously.

27 years of pain and still not an actual word to put to what is affecting me. My current doctor, has listened to what I've said and has given me actual suggestions and encouragement which I can never thank her enough for. I will probably post a rant about doctors one of these days which will help you understand why I love my doctor so much.

So for those who have suffered chronically or occasional pain, what works for you?
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 am

I have problems with my right knee. I lost alot of my cartlidge there. In 97-98 we found a lump on the inside of my leg under the knee and within months it grew to the size of a softball. After the surgery to remove it they told us it was cartlidge. It gets really stiff and painful at times especially when its very cold out. See Caribbean!! Warm...
Back to top Go down

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 am

Oh maybe I can help!!! I have terrible arthritis and it took forever for the doctors to figure out what was causing me so much pain. I did some research and started taking Omega 3 daily. It has made a huge difference. My arms would hurt so bad at times that I couldn't pick my son up. The Omega 3 has been found to increase the benefits patients have with taking arthritis meds. For me it is like a night and day difference. And when I miss a few days (like when I run out) I definitely notice the pain starts to come back. The Omega 3 is great for your heart as well. You should give it a try. My mom has terrible arthritis and it has helped her tremendously too. Doctors are even starting to give it to Parkinson's patients and seeing a difference in their patients beyond the prescribed meds.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:01 am

Hrm I will definitely check it out Karen! Thank you so much.

As for the Caribbean I could be down for that Smile
Back to top Go down

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:02 am

No problem. I hope it works for you as well as it has for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joint Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Issues   Joint Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joint Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: