The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hypoglycemics::

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
chelsiejean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chelsiejean
E-1
E-1
chelsiejean

First Name: : Chelsie
Hero's Name : Drew
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Hypoglycemics:: Empty
PostSubject: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 am

How severe is your hypoglycemia? How do you monitor it? Manage it? Anything specific you do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 am

I have it really bad when I'm pregnant. I don't monitor it otherwise. But when I'm pregnant it gets to the point where I cannot function. I always keep some sort of snack on me just because with Grayson always being on the go there are times I forget to eat, and then I feel like hell.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie
E-1
E-1
Bonnie

First Name: : Bonnie
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Josh is now a Vet! But was AD Army for 5 years.
Number of posts : 158
Anniversary : July 24
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 am

I'm not sure if I had this or not, my husband(who was a medic) and my mom think I might have. I could feel my blood sugar get low, I know what my body feels like etc I know how to fix it.

For me-I keep fruit with me, or raisins something with a lot of natural sugar that will be absorbed quickly by your body.

If my blood sugar got too low, I couldn't see, I got migraines, I got physically ill and a number of other symptoms.

I've also found that eating healthier and exercising more often really really helped.
I had to eat every 4-5 hours or so during the day. If not more, just depends on what I was doing that day.

Mine has pretty much gone away, I don't really notice it anymore, and I honestly think it's b/c of my healthier lifestyle.

Hypoglycemia is usually an indicator of another health issue.. have you seen a doctor?
Back to top Go down
http://peasnpod.blogspot.com/
lovingmyhero11b
E-4
E-4
lovingmyhero11b

First Name: : Barbara
Hero's Name : William
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 633
Anniversary : January 7th
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 am

i have it and i hate it so much, if i dont eat i wanna say about ever 4 or 5 hours is when it starts acting up, and if i dont eat still sometimes i dont realize how long i have gone without food and it pretty much goes in stages for me where i will get hot and cold really fast back and forth and then i will start shaking kinda bad and then i wont be able to function very well and my face goes really pale and stuff. and after that i dont know what happens cause i havent gotten farther then that, but to keep me from feeling that way i just try and stay on schedule and eat on time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lovinmyhero178
chelsiejean
E-1
E-1
chelsiejean

First Name: : Chelsie
Hero's Name : Drew
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 am

Bonnie wrote:
I'm not sure if I had this or not, my husband(who was a medic) and my mom think I might have. I could feel my blood sugar get low, I know what my body feels like etc I know how to fix it.

For me-I keep fruit with me, or raisins something with a lot of natural sugar that will be absorbed quickly by your body.

If my blood sugar got too low, I couldn't see, I got migraines, I got physically ill and a number of other symptoms.

I've also found that eating healthier and exercising more often really really helped.
I had to eat every 4-5 hours or so during the day. If not more, just depends on what I was doing that day.

Mine has pretty much gone away, I don't really notice it anymore, and I honestly think it's b/c of my healthier lifestyle.

Hypoglycemia is usually an indicator of another health issue.. have you seen a doctor?

That sounds a lot like mine... It's not severe but it's a mild form. I've sort of been to a doctor about it, I say sort of because I went to the Dr. for something else [Upper Respiratory Infection] when they went to give me a shot of antibiotics I passed out... & needles don't affect me like that. They checked my sugar and pressure and both had dropped pretty low.. i've just been told to eat healthy, keep snacks with me in case and monitor it..
Back to top Go down
mamajess
E-2
E-2

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 am

Mine's pretty mild. I can tell when it starts to get low. I always have a snack or something small on me even if it's a butterscoth candy (which works wonders if you're out and have nothing else). If I try and eat something every 2-4 hours then it stays pretty level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

Bonnie wrote:

Wow... that actually sounds like me. I've never been told I am Hypoglycemic, though. Hmmm... definitely will have to bring this up at my next appointment.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie
E-1
E-1
Bonnie

First Name: : Bonnie
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Josh is now a Vet! But was AD Army for 5 years.
Number of posts : 158
Anniversary : July 24
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 am

Bee wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Wow... that actually sounds like me. I've never been told I am Hypoglycemic, though. Hmmm... definitely will have to bring this up at my next appointment.
You're blood sugar can get low, but that doesn't necessarily make you a hypoglycemic. Those symptoms you highlighted are also symptoms of dehydration-which I found was a HUGE cause of the migraines I was getting. I really had no idea I was dehydrated, but my body did Smile
Back to top Go down
http://peasnpod.blogspot.com/
Addie
E-1
E-1
Addie

First Name: : Adaline
Branch : N/A
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 pm

I always wondered if i was hypoglycemic. I get dizzy and very tired when i haven't eaten anything.. and it's not low iron either because i was checked for that. But if I go a few hours without eating I get headaches, dizziness. etc. dunno if that's what hypoglycemia was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Bee wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

You're blood sugar can get low, but that doesn't necessarily make you a hypoglycemic. Those symptoms you highlighted are also symptoms of dehydration-which I found was a HUGE cause of the migraines I was getting. I really had no idea I was dehydrated, but my body did Smile

I drink more water than the average human being. People think it's crazy. I drink it by the gallon on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 pm

I HATE when my blood sugar is low!

I start to feel it in my elbows and it moves through my arms and my knees! I just get so weak... A lot of times even after my sugar has come back up I feel icky for the rest of the day.

I just drink a soda to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
lovingmyhero11b
E-4
E-4
lovingmyhero11b

First Name: : Barbara
Hero's Name : William
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 633
Anniversary : January 7th
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:31 pm

yea i hate it when mine drops also, but i drink orange juice to get mine up, cause orange juice makes mine go up to normal level real fast. I like to have OJ in the house pretty much at all times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lovinmyhero178
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypoglycemics::   Hypoglycemics:: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypoglycemics::
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: