The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On post gyms

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

First Name: : Marissa
Hero's Name : Mark
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 269
Anniversary : September 12th
Registration date : 2010-02-22

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:40 am

Ok... so this may be completely different everywhere.. but I have a feeling it could be a military thing? After some of the fitness classes offered at the gym the initials FIP is in parentheses after the time and who teaches it.. IE 12:00 Spin MW (FIP) Soo... i got the noon part Wink and the spin part Smile and the MW is the teacher... but FIP is...... ??? Is it a military thing? a gym thing? Or a you're going to have to call and find out becuase we have no idea what youre talking about thing Laughing

TIA Ladies!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:43 pm

it could stand for Faculty Improvement Program- but I'm not sure. I'd say ask about it and see what they say because it could very well be a military abbreviation.
Back to top Go down

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm

I have no clue but I would totally call and ask for you! haha.
Back to top Go down
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 pm

hahah I always feel stupid!! Like everyone else in the world knows what it means! Honestly I just want to keep the embarassment to a minimum and not sign up for some like super crazy advanced yoga or something and have the first move be like standing on your head and me FREAK OUT! run from the room screaming and never go back Smile All because I didnt know FIP meant Freaking Insane Positions or something!! hehe
Back to top Go down

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Bahahahaha! My husband wants me to go to Yoga with him because he wants to start going back... but I don't know how well chubby goes with Yoga positions.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Marissa wrote:
All because I didnt know FIP meant Freaking Insane Positions or something!! hehe

LMAO

You should totally ask if that's what it stands for!
Back to top Go down
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:13 pm

The girl I know that took the yoga here isn't small, but she said they give you alternate positions if you can't get into the ones they show. I've watched a yoga class once at the clinic and they start with the easiest position and then work their way up to the most advanced leaving people in their own choice of position. Its cool because you can try the next step up but if its no bueno you just go back to the one you were holding. I have the flexibility of a man... so im not 100% i can even touch my toes!

I really should call and ask... if anything else itll give those poor guys at the door who answer the phones a good laugh Smile they probably need one since all they do is check ID's and smell nasty gym smell!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Very true- My husband is actually taking an exercise science class this term and he loves it, but still is sticking with his paramedic degree. He likes to tell me about my insides though LOL.

I love and adore Yoga. I really do. I have double jointedness in every single joint so it can come in handy and cause issues but I find Yoga really helps me center myself and helps me stretch without causing pain love love love it!
Back to top Go down
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Im excited to try it! Everyone I know loves yoga... im just scared of falling over. I have no core strength or balance!

I was an exercise science major!!!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Just take it one class, one position at a time. If you want go to walmart or a like store and look to see if they have beginner yoga boxes- they usually have a tape/dvd,, yoga ball and a mat etc and its really good for just stretching out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On post gyms Empty
PostSubject: Re: On post gyms   On post gyms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On post gyms
Page 1 of 1