The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My update

Go down 
+2
Beth
Smidget23
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My update Empty
PostSubject: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 pm

I finally had my appointment to go back in for a baseline ultrasound yesterday. I have 12 follicles in my left ovary and 9 follicles in my right ovary non of which are mature. This indicated that I DID not ovulate on my own...FML. She was going to go ahead and give me 5 days of clomid to take now, and come back on the 29th to get another ultrasound to see where my follicles were at. Since we will be out of town this wasn't our best option. She then said I could come back on the 26th and they could pin point based on my history when I would ovulate so we could do timed intercourse. This then puts us back into me Ovulating during our trip which was what we were trying to avoid.

Growing tired of her rambling I proposed my plan to her. I told her since I was on cycle day 32 and I was clear I wasn't getting my period this month I wanted to go on provera so that I could get my period. She was like oh you want your period. Well no duh! It's been a month! So I'm going to start provera on Sunday and take it for 10 days. My period should start the day after I finish my last pill and I will take the clomid from CD 3-7 which puts me at getting an ultrasound on CD 12 which will be April 12..the day after we get home from our trip. I will ovulate sometime that week once we are back home! She was actually pretty impressed I had known all this and had it planned out. Yeah well I really want a baby so I've learned I have to be my own advocate with these doctors.

I was also pretty annoyed that she said ok we are going to put in your perscription for 100mg clomid. I looked at her and was like no I was on 50mg, and responded well to that and was told it was going to be lowered. She said well 100mg was in your chart. I was highly annoyed at this point that my chart was wrong. This all happened before the above conversation. So after that conversation she was like ok you know your stuff so well I believe you were on 50mg. My update Icon_rolleyes Gee thanks Doc.

Anyway that's my update. I'll be on the majority of the meds while on our trip so the drive home should be fun fun lol. Hopefully I'm not as uncomfortable as last time.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Ugh that's incredibly frustrating! I'm really glad that you have kept up with everything so well and are on top of things. Did you talk to her about making the corrections to your chart? It sounds like you have things planned out well too. I'll cross my fingers and send you baby dust!
Back to top Go down

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 pm

yeah, she said she was going to fix it in my chart, and today when I called in to make sure they sent in the rx to target I double checked.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Good. I have to double check my charts all the time too. It's annoying, but I would rather have things correct.
Back to top Go down

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

no kidding! I ended up with 3 follicles last time..the amount they would have put me on would have probably doubled that..umm no thanks I'm good with 1 healthy baby.
Back to top Go down

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm sending ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my baby dust your way! I don't need it anytime soon!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:48 pm

My prayers and baby dust are sent to you!!
Back to top Go down
Army_princess
E-1
E-1
Army_princess

First Name: : Sherry
Hero's Name : Christopher(Chris)
Number of posts : 148
Anniversary : April 22
Registration date : 2010-02-26

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

good luck!!!!! Maybe the next time you meet with that doctor it will be better now that she knows that you know what you are talking about
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/army.princess05
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:48 pm

im praying that things work out for you. sending some baby dust!!!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:00 pm

*hugs* I will cross all my fingers and toes (I'm double jointed so this actually i can do Wink ) that it happens!!!

*sprinkles you with baby dust*
Back to top Go down

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:07 am

Psykiblue wrote:
*hugs* I will cross all my fingers and toes (I'm double jointed so this actually i can do Wink ) that it happens!!!

*sprinkles you with baby dust*

you should take a picture of that My update Lol
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 am

haha I will ask my husband to do so when he's here Smile Hard to take a picture when your hands are all up over themselves.
Back to top Go down

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 am

Psykiblue wrote:
haha I will ask my husband to do so when he's here Smile Hard to take a picture when your hands are all up over themselves.

My update 858264
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 pm

It's so great that you are your own advocate... it is SO important now a days. Doctors try to be super human and the fact of the matter is that we know ourselves better than they do just by reading our chart each visit. Smile I'll be doing the baby dance and sending baby dust your way!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My update   My update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My update
Page 1 of 1