The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

not doing so well apparently

Go down 
+5
Beth
Smidget23
shannon
armywife96
Laura
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

not doing so well apparently Empty
PostSubject: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Well... I've been away from the board for the last couple days because now that hubby is back on both feet after his broken ankle I've been trying to catch up on my medical stuff.

I needed a referral so I could go to the gyno and the eye dr. I'm totally out of contacts and wearing glasses around Nicholai is next to impossible lol. I went to my PCM and while I was there I mentioned my lower back pain. I've had back pain for maybe 6 years but it's been getting worse so I said something about it to him. He checked my spine and he thinks that I might have scoliosis and send me for x-rays. I have to wait until the 8th to find out more.

Today I also had a dentist appt. I knew that my wisdom teeth needed to come out but now my top two wisdom teeth have started coming in on angles and have broken the molars that are touching them. One of those broken molars now has a cavity but before they can fill the cavity and fix my teeth they need to remove the wisdome teeth, which are impacted. Awesome! So that means cutting into my jaw. But I can't be put under because I'm breastfeeding so my only option is for them to use novocaine and cut into my gums while I'm awake, unless I wait until I'm done breastfeeding and I still have atleast 5 months left since I'm planning on breastfeeding until Nicholai is 1.

At this rate I don't even want to go to the gyno or the eye dr for fear that they are going to find something. Ugh
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Awh I am sorry. My wisdom teeth did the same thing and cracked my molars. I just did the novicaine, of course mine happened at bad times like in the middle of a pcs. They were able to put a temporary filling in mine till I could get to our new base and get it set up...maybe they could do that for you till you are done breastfeeding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh wow... I am so sorry! Big Hug I don't have my wisdom teeth, yet.

The gyno is a definite must go because if they do find something, it's so much better if they find it early, hun!!

Question: What kind of insurance do you have for dental? Someone told me to check out TriCare Dental but my husband is worried about it not being a legit program. =/
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Bee wrote:
Oh wow... I am so sorry! Big Hug I don't have my wisdom teeth, yet.

The gyno is a definite must go because if they do find something, it's so much better if they find it early, hun!!

Question: What kind of insurance do you have for dental? Someone told me to check out TriCare Dental but my husband is worried about it not being a legit program. =/

Thanks! And enjoy not having your wisdom teeth now lol. And yeah I know... I'm def going to the gyno, but with all this bad news I def don't want to hear bad news from them since hubby and I want more kids lol.

We have United Concordia which is a dental program through Tricare. It's about $14 a month or something like that but they cover both cleanings that you are supposed to have done every year and then a decent percentage of other things. When I got my root canal done it cost $150 if I remember right and normally the office would have charged about $350 if I remember right. Your husband should be able to sign you up online. If you sign up before the 15th then it will become active that month and if you sign up after you have to wait until the 1st of the next month. I see Dr. Scott off of Raeford Rd and they have always been really good about getting me in and have worked with me since I started seeing them when I was pregnant and EVERYTHING they did had to go through my OB before they could even touch my teeth. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks!! I'll tell Thomas about them. I've been trying to find something for Dental. Do you go through the TriCare website to get it? Or do I need to go somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Thomas should be able to do it for you at work. I think he needs to be logged in with his CAC to enroll you. You can do it online... that link with Tricare dental takes you to the right place and if you want to do it by mail you can with POA.
Back to top Go down
shannon
E-1
E-1
shannon

First Name: : Shannon
Hero's Name : Stephen
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 72
Anniversary : March 12
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm sorry Laura! I hope you don't get anymore bad news!
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Last edited by Smidget23 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:53 pm

I am so sorry Laura.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Sorry to hear all this, hun. A note on your possible scoliosis... you may want to consider seeing a chiropractor. I am currently working for one and have seen one for my slight spine curve in the past. They can help correct it, either partially or fully depending on the degree of curve, and can certainly give you relief. The only hitch is that Tricare does not cover Chiropractic (b.s if you ask me). BUT most offices allow cash patients. You could bring your xrays with you (saving you the cost of those- as most D.C.'s require them on first visit) and would most likely just be responsible for a fee around $100 for the initial exam and then a visit/therapy fee of about $35 per time. If you can swing this- I HIGHLY recommend it. The D.C (if they're good) will most likely want you to come 2-3 times a week in the beginning... but you can just explain what you can afford and they will work with you. They will use hot packs to help release the muscles that are pulling on your spine... something called muscle stim to relax them even deeper... and then chiropractic adjustments to gradually move the spine back into place (in addition to other possible therapies). Chiropractic care is not well respected by MD's and some people just don't believe in it. But I have seen and experienced the relief first hand! You can consider it an investment in yourself and your health as it will help prevent you from needing more serious procedures, therapies and drugs in the future due to your scoliosis.

Okay... off my soap box now. hehe. Good luck with all the rest of your appointments! It's time to get mommy healthy again Smile
Back to top Go down
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 am

I'm sorry you got so much going on Laura. It always seem like when one thing goes wrong so many others do. We found out I need a crown on one of my teeth and another pulled, oh and i chipped another, but even with the dental its going to be over $500.

I'm praying for you and I hope that you don't have any other things to go on.
Back to top Go down
KristinR1027
Moderators
Moderators
KristinR1027

First Name: : Kristin
Hero's Name : Frank
Number of posts : 343
Anniversary : March 23

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Ugh! I'm sorry! I hate when everything goes wrong at once! Hopefully they can fix you up quick!
Back to top Go down
LeighAnn0501
E-2
E-2
LeighAnn0501

First Name: : Leigh Ann
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:39 am

I just want to say I LOVE YOU LAURA!!!!!! <3
Hope everything goes well, I'll def be thinking of you!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not doing so well apparently   not doing so well apparently Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not doing so well apparently
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: