The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Addie
E-1
E-1
Addie

First Name: : Adaline
Branch : N/A
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Empty
PostSubject: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Just wondering how many gardners we have here? What do you garden? Flowers or produce or both?

I mostly do produce, I plant green and red peppers, cucumbers, roma and beefsteak tomatoes, okra, green beans and peas. I have recently gotten into planting flower pots for my front porch.. I love to garden!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Im starting my first garden right now! WOOT! lol I posted on it awhile ago! I have my starter plants growing and my Zinneas just popped up today and they are sprouting so good!

Its still too cold here to plant anything outside so I am starting everything inside. I have very very little area to do much so I will be doing flowers in the front yard and there is a small space beside my house that has good sun for peppers and tomatoes. When we move in August we will be getting a place with a bigger yard hopefully! We have a huge back yard here but its fenced in and shaded by trees so we cant really plant anything back there because of the pups.
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 am

Addie wrote:
Just wondering how many gardners we have here? What do you garden? Flowers or produce or both?

I mostly do produce, I plant green and red peppers, cucumbers, roma and beefsteak tomatoes, okra, green beans and peas. I have recently gotten into planting flower pots for my front porch.. I love to garden!

ahhh just found this post!

did u start off with that much produce? what would u suggest for a new green(of the pale green hue) thumber?

did u dig into the ground or create a box and fill with fresh soil above ground?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:55 am

I love to garden and I can't wait til we move into a house so I can really get back into it! Right now I have herbs and flowers in my window box. I've never done produce before.. just flowers so I will be excited to start trying produce!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:23 pm

I do a garden every summer. But since we live on post I have to do it in pots. I do tomatos, flowers, and raspberries.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:25 pm

I do not currently, but I am curious the same as Trisha about what you'd recommend for beginners!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)   Any gardners on the forum???!!! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any gardners on the forum???!!! :)
Page 1 of 1