The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karla's journal- beware ;)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Karla's journal- beware ;) Empty
PostSubject: Karla's journal- beware ;)   Karla's journal- beware ;) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:28 am

Hey I figured I could journal here as well as at psykiblue.blogspot.com I'll probably do some c/p at times but I am hoping to journal in two places- journalling helps me a lot especially when i am stressed, I just have to learn how not to shut down/internalize.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Karla's journal- beware ;) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karla's journal- beware ;)   Karla's journal- beware ;) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:36 pm

I will not calorie count, nor will I restrict myself in the strongest sense of the word though I have been off pop for about 4 months and chocolate/cookies/chips since September of last year. I will occasionally have ice cream or a cupcake but it will not be chocolate anything. I have given it up completely.

The reason calorie counting is a bad idea is that it can put poor body images, negative thoughts and be hard for people to deal with generally. A female no matter the body type should not eat any less than 1200 calories a day and that is only for a week while generally they should not go over 2000 calories a day.

As for cutting your calories so low, what will happen is that you will hit a plateau and then your body will refuse to lose anymore weight because your body thinks its starving itself. Same for the liquid diets etc, short term great, but if you want long term lasting results it has to be a lifestyle change both diet and exercise.
Back to top Go down

Karla's journal- beware ;)
Page 1 of 1