The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation Special Delivery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Operation Special Delivery Empty
PostSubject: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:55 pm

operation special delivery

Operation Special Delivery (or OSD), provides trained volunteer doulas for pregnant women whose husbands or partners have been severely injured or who have lost their lives due to the current war on terror, or who will be deployed at the time that they are due to give birth. To be eligible for a volunteer doula from OSD an applicant must be unable to afford to hire a doula privately and be without reliable or sufficient labor and birth support.

What is a doula? A doula is specially trained to give informational, emotional, and physical support to women during childbirth. A doula does not perform medical tasks, but is trained to provide uninterrupted support to a mother in labor and during birth.

Why military moms? OSD believes that no one should go through childbirth without support, especially the women who are giving birth while their husbands or partners are making such a great sacrifice for our country and our freedom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm

That's really cool. Thanks for posting this Trisha, I'm sure some of the newly pregnant girls may be interested in this info.
Back to top Go down
aheroslady
E-2
E-2
aheroslady

First Name: : Rachel
Hero's Name : Chris
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 396
Anniversary : August 7th, 2010
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 pm

That is soo cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:12 pm

That's pretty awesome!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:47 pm

If I wasnt high risk I would of loved to have had a doula
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 pm

That's such a great thing. Thanks for sharing! How does one become a Doula?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Jennifer that's my question too...I would love to be one ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Special Delivery   Operation Special Delivery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Special Delivery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Daily Life! :: Pregnancy and TTC-
Jump to: