The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

getting to know you

Go down 
+5
Whitney
Beth
Tricia
Sarah
HeatherH
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

getting to know you Empty
PostSubject: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:44 pm

What would ya'll think of doing some sort of weekly getting to know you activity. My thought is (for members that want to participate) they will be assigned a member to get to know. Then throughout the week the exchange PM, emails, whatever getting to know each other one on one. At the end of the week we could even do a thread where you list a few things you learned about the other member (just an idea). We could even do it so that you send a post card to your partner at the end of the week. That way everyone gets a chance to know other members better and get a cool little post card from different places in the process.

Let me add, the staff would assign partners, that way members are getting the chance to know someone they don't already know well. That's not to say that at the end you won't be partnered up with a friend, but at least at the beginning we would like all the participants to be paired with members they don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm

We would love to get some feedback.
Back to top Go down
HeatherH
Moderators
Moderators
HeatherH

First Name: : Heather
Hero's Name : Bobby
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 659
Anniversary : June 27, 2007
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 pm

I like!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 pm

This is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm hoping we can get lots of members to participate. The more members we have on board the more enjoyable it'll be.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 pm

I like Smile
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 pm

I love the idea!!
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

First Name: : Whitney
Hero's Name : Luke
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 1334
Anniversary : February 27

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

I like it....a lot!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

First Name: : Samantha
Hero's Name : Josh
Number of posts : 1091
Anniversary : December 15, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 am

I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 am

I think it's a good idea. I'm not really comfy with the idea of the postcard swap unless it's at the end.
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:02 am

Smidget23 wrote:
I think it's a good idea. I'm not really comfy with the idea of the postcard swap unless it's at the end.

I thought thats what they meant is to do it at the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:39 am

I meant at the end of the whole thing though.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:09 am

This will be an ongoing thing, waiting until the end for postcards means you may be waiting months and months. The post cards will be sent at the time frame listed above in Karens post. Participation is voluntary.
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 am

I'm out then. I'm just not comfy with having random addresses fir myself floating around everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 am

count me in
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Lia
E-6
E-6
Lia

Number of posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am

Smidget23 wrote:
I'm out then. I'm just not comfy with having random addresses fir myself floating around everywhere.

i like the idea but i'm with dallas.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:21 am

Lia wrote:
Smidget23 wrote:

maybe I am misintrepreting something. I thought only the person(s) we are paired with will have the address? kinda like how we do a regular swap...
Karen, can we get some clarification?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Lia
E-6
E-6
Lia

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 am

if it was just one person, i'd be okay with it...but i think the idea was for a different person a week? maybe i'm confused, too.
Back to top Go down
HeatherH
Moderators
Moderators
HeatherH

First Name: : Heather
Hero's Name : Bobby
Number of posts : 659
Anniversary : June 27, 2007
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:20 pm

I believe her plan would be to swap cards at the end of the week, and then with the person of the week. Obivously if you don't want your address to be given out, then don't provide it to your person for that week. I'm sure they would understand. Also pretty sure whoever your person is, isn't going to share it with the world. JMO!
Back to top Go down
Lia
E-6
E-6
Lia

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:30 pm

doesn't matter if it's going to be shared with the world, i don't want my home address floating around in the ether. lol. i don't trust people that much.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Lia wrote:
doesn't matter if it's going to be shared with the world, i don't want my home address floating around in the ether. lol. i don't trust people that much.
This. Laughing I'm cranky enough about having to give my company phone number out to people, much less private information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Trisha L wrote:
Lia wrote:
Smidget23 wrote:

maybe I am misintrepreting something. I thought only the person(s) we are paired with will have the address? kinda like how we do a regular swap...
Karen, can we get some clarification?

Gotcha. My thought was (for those that want to) at the end of the week if both partners want, they will give their partner their address to swap postcards. Sort of an end of the week, nice talking to ya kind of thing. It is completely voluntary, however if one partner doesn't want to give out their address the other partner will not receive a postcard either. That way no one is obligated to send anything out, and receive nothing in return. I hope that clears things up for ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Lia wrote:

If you don't want to share you address you don't have to. That's your choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm

An alternative option is, if you choose not to give out your address for a postcard swap you and your partner can trade emails so you can do e-cards.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Gotcha. I thought that was a requirement in order to participate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting to know you   getting to know you Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting to know you
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: New Members Welcome Kit :: Announcements-
Jump to: