The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need some help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

need some help Empty
PostSubject: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:00 pm

When I was pregnant with Sutton I didn't gain any weight. Since delivery day I'm down 25 pounds. It feels great to see the scale number go down. However, since I have such a short torso I had nowhere to grow but out. My belly got HUGE despite the fact he was only 6 1/2 pounds. Now I'm left with all this extra skin and I don't know how to make it go away. Short of having cosmetic surgery that is. Anyone have any ideas how to tighten up my tummy?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:21 pm

I would love to know the answer to this! I gained a lot of weight with Nicholai and most of it was in my belly. I have been working out and I've dropped 45 pounds since the day he was born and still have another 20 or so to go, but my belly is GROSS lol. I don't think there is a way to come back from this lol
Back to top Go down

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:30 pm

I call it my man belly sag. That's what it makes me think of. I'm so self consious about it. I know it doesn't bother Jerry but it makes me feel awful. I certainly don't want to go the surgery route if it can be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Do they offer an abs class at a gym on post?

I know thats one thing that has helped me a lot. I still have some extra skin but ive just come to accept that it will probably never go away.

Cardio helps with 'belly fat'.
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Karen wrote:
I call it my man belly sag. That's what it makes me think of. I'm so self consious about it. I know it doesn't bother Jerry but it makes me feel awful. I certainly don't want to go the surgery route if it can be avoided.

Yeah... I totally have man belly sag! And I HATE it! I've lost so much weight in my belly but you can't tell because that skin just sags. Ewww gross! Chris says that I'm beautiful. He always reminds me "Babe, you had a baby, and you are beautiful and I still think your sexy" but then I look back at my body and think YUCK! I have a feeling that after having my last 2 kids that a tummy tuck is in order.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Get a bender ball (similar to a yoga ball) and follow their work out. They work really well. You can get them at Amazon.com
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:06 pm

I've heard of those but never knew anyone that tried it. Maybe I will pick one up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:38 pm

When i was taking body sculpting classes from the YMCA the instructor took a lot of her ab moves from it! They work wonders. Even after doing it in class the first few times I tried it at home I was very sore the next day in my entire ab region and felt like it really worked every muscle!
Back to top Go down

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:39 pm

armywife96 wrote:
Get a bender ball (similar to a yoga ball) and follow their work out. They work really well. You can get them at Amazon.com

I'll have to give it a look. Thanks for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: