The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me

Go down 
+3
Sarah
Molly120
Tricia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm

...figure this out!!

Alright...this may get a little personal but I need someone to explain this to me....

My last period on the pill started April 27. I have been off of the pill since then. I know that I ovulated on or around May 10. We didnt have sex until the 15th. While on the pill my cycles were ALWAYS exactly 28 days. When I was off the pill before I got pregnant with Autumn, they were either 27 or 28 days. Well, I started my period yesterday. That makes my cycle 21 days. While doing research online, it says that ill ovulate May 20, tomorrow. My period ALWAYS lasts at least 4 days. Can you ovulate while your on your period? I sure as hell dont want to have sex while im on my period.

Yesterday started off as spotting. I thought maybe implantation spotting or who knows, but right before bed I wasnt spotting anymore. Its definitely my period.

For some reason, this is really confusing to me...
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Molly120
E-3
E-3
Molly120

First Name: : Molly
Hero's Name : Justin
Branch : Marine Corps Reserve
Number of posts : 453
Anniversary : March 24
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm

I dont get this stuff either!! Sorry, not much help.... Im interested in hearing what the other ladies say!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:01 pm

OK so when you started your period again yesterday (or full flow today) you will want to start your ovulation checking all over again. Because you just got off of the pill it may take a couple months to get back in working order which is why you probably had such a short cycle. I would start testing for ovulation around cycle day 9 or so since your cycle was short. You can ovulate while on your cycle but your uterus and cervical mucus will not be ready for pregnancy. So if ovulation does happen at that time you wont get pregnant. Usually if you ovulate while on your period its because of forced cycles from medication (which is what i have to do) so I dont believe you will ovulate while on your cycle, especially if they are only around 4 days long. If you want to double check I always suggest OPKs just in case. If you ARE ovulating during your cycle then something is wrong and I would contact your OB to see if they can do a progesterone induced cycle to get everything back in working order. As for implantation bleeding.. if you ovulated 5 days AFTER you had sex then you could be pregnant. That MAY work 5 days BEFORE though because the sperm can stay alive. (a little side note : Girl sperm live longer but male sperm are faster, some people say this can be used in picking the sex of your baby!)

If you do OPKs I suggest the cheapie Answer ones at walmart, they work just as well as the digital ones!

EDIT- If you had sex 5 days AFTER ovulation then you wont be pregnant but if you did it 5 days BEFORE then you can still be pregnant!

Last edited by Sarah on Wed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:03 pm

I dunno what to tell ya. If you start having symptoms I would test. I had two periods while I was pregnant with Grayson plus additional bleeding. So I do know it's possible if you get pregnant close to your period to shed the unhealthy lining and still be pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Not a clue
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm

It's hard to narrow down exactly what is happening since you recently came off the pill. It can take up to 6 months for the full effects of the pill to leave your body and it can mess with your ability to chart or get pregnant during that time.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:55 pm

I would really recommend charting if you're not already and the book taking charge of your fertility.

Also, as far as I know and everything I've read no you cannot get pregnant/ovu. while on your period. Also, your body can go through a lot of hormone changes when coming off the pill, if you are super concerned though make an appointment with your doctor.
Back to top Go down
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm no help, we thought we figured out mine around november but apparently we were off lol.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks ladies.

I knew that this could happen coming off the pill. Its just weird for me because ive always still been regular when I stop taking it. I just assumed it would be the same as last time. Hopefully it wont take to long to regulate and we can get pregnant soon.

I am charting and keeping up with everything but since my period came a week early, it was just throwing me off a little....Smile
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Help me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me   Help me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Daily Life! :: Pregnancy and TTC-
Jump to: