The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

May KC Pina Colada Muffins low carb friendly-- yummy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

May KC  Pina Colada Muffins low carb friendly-- yummy Empty
PostSubject: May KC Pina Colada Muffins low carb friendly-- yummy   May KC  Pina Colada Muffins low carb friendly-- yummy Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:16 am

Pina Colada Muffins
1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 tsp coconut extract... See More
1 (16oz) angel food cake mix, dry
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Preheat the oven to 350. Coat 36 regular size muffin cups with nonfat cooking spray.
Reserve 1 cup of the pineapple juice, discard the remaining juice.
Stir the crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, and coconut extract together in a bowl until well mixed.
Add the cake mix, stirring until the ingredients are combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each 1/2 full, sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top of the batter.
Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

This is a diabetic recipe. I know Tyler's friend could eat two without it counting against his carbs and he is type 1 diabetic. This is one of the recipes I would make for FCC but more so when his friend would come over. I don't know the difference between the two types but this is considered low carb. I will try and get picture later. Memory card is full right now. I love this recipe. My kids love it. It is a bit sticky but I think it makes its more of a treat. I have also made this without usint the coconut extract and just refer to it as pineapple muffins. I hope you will try this one.
Back to top Go down

May KC Pina Colada Muffins low carb friendly-- yummy
Page 1 of 1