The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Mommies

Go down 
+2
Laura
Sarah_09
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah_09
E-1
E-1
Sarah_09

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name :
Christopher Brandon
Keith Joseph Arceneaux (RIP)

Branch : USMC Smile
Number of posts : 124
Anniversary : May 9, 2009
Registration date : 2010-02-21

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I have a question, it seems as though in hollywood birth is the most amazing quick experience... but they never mention what happens after the baby, and when someone tells their birth stories they don't mention the ugly.. so here inlies my question...

when you have a natural birth, what happens with the afterbirth? is it vaccumed out?!

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

For me, they massaged my stomach for a few minutes and then it passed on it's own. I do believe for some women it can take up to a couple of hours for it to come out on it's own though. And then you have post partum bleeding for several weeks after as well.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

I had to be induced and I ended up getting the epidural even though I didn't really want it. I had a vaginal birth and I do remember delivering the placenta. It was quick and I wasn't really paying attention. I remember feeling it come out and my OB telling me that it was intact.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm

I delivered the placenta about 15 mins after I delivered Autumn. I had an epidural so I dont remember delivering it. They didnt have to massage me, I had a few more contractions and out it came, ha!
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
baybeegurl5469
E-3
E-3
baybeegurl5469

First Name: : Kris
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-06-11

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 pm

good info to keep in mind lol Smile
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I had the epidural and I don't even remember delivering the placenta! haha. I was too worried about what they were doing to Riley and such. Oh.. the only thing I do remember about it, was that it was intact!
Back to top Go down
penswife22
Recruit
penswife22

First Name: : Melissa
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 23
Anniversary : 2-23-08
Registration date : 2010-02-21

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:00 pm

I was the same as Laura I had to be induced and ended up getting an epidural even though I didn't really want one but I remember he saying that everything came out and was intact and my OB was amazing she kinda "cleaned" me out cause I really couldnt feel it all the way anyway so that really help the after bleeding...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Penswife22?ref=profile

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:10 am

I didn't feel it come out with Grayson, but I didn't have any pain meds with Sutton so I felt it. It was the creepiest feeling. I remember telling Jerry "my insides are falling out." LOL it really felt like it. It didn't hurt, just felt very strange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the Mommies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Mommies   For the Mommies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Mommies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Daily Life! :: Pregnancy and TTC-
Jump to: