The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have YOU done?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

First Name: : Marissa
Hero's Name : Mark
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 269
Anniversary : September 12th
Registration date : 2010-02-22

What have YOU done? Empty
PostSubject: What have YOU done?   What have YOU done? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:34 pm

My very best friend in the whole world is an environmental studies major. Most would call her a tree hugger... but she is the most passionate person I have ever met. She's been helping me get a little "greener" So with all the discussion... I'm wondering what little steps (if any) you have taken to be a little better to the planet?

We started recycling... it wasn't mandatory at Bragg and I had always lived in apts before then
I use paper bags instead of plastic at the commissary... bc we recycle them.
I drive a pretty fuel efficient car (hubby on the other hand gets like 11 mpg bahaha)
We unplug everything we're not using at the given moment.
then little things like... bringing my own mug to starbucks... or not having them print me a receipt.
we buy locally grown veggies Smile

I know these are just little steps, but I feel like they're baby steps in the right direction. Smile Of course we're spoiled and keep the air down way too cold, and I have a terrible habit of leaving every light in the house on... Especially with Mark being away I have been known to sleep with the light on. I know I can still be a waste, but were working on it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have YOU done?   What have YOU done? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 am

I try to be more eco friendly. But I'm so scatter brained that I forgot what I "plan" to do.

*I have reusable grocery bags, I just have to remember to take them with us.
*We're in the land of the midnight sun, so the lights are very rarely on in our house.
*I saved the plastic table cloth that went with Grayson's birthday decorations. I flip it over and reuse it for projects (like paining) rather than spreading out a bunch of newspaper.
*I planted a tree for each of the boys on my parent's property.
*I wash and reuse plastic containers (like cottage cheese containers). They work well and it beats having to buy storage containers in the store.
Back to top Go down
Molly120
E-3
E-3
Molly120

First Name: : Molly
Hero's Name : Justin
Branch : Marine Corps Reserve
Number of posts : 453
Anniversary : March 24
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: What have YOU done?   What have YOU done? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:32 am

-I also recycle the best that I can
-I use the left over containers instead of buying plastic ones
-I use a lunch box instead of paper bags to take my lunch to work
-I am TRYING to get rid of using plastic water bottles..... so hard!!!
-I am a crazy about turning lights off

Like Marissa said, I am trying Smile
Back to top Go down
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What have YOU done?   What have YOU done? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 am

Marissa wrote:
My very best friend in the whole world is an environmental studies major. Most would call her a tree hugger... but she is the most passionate person I have ever met. She's been helping me get a little "greener" So with all the discussion... I'm wondering what little steps (if any) you have taken to be a little better to the planet?

We started recycling... it wasn't mandatory at Bragg and I had always lived in apts before then
I use paper bags instead of plastic at the commissary... bc we recycle them.
I drive a pretty fuel efficient car (hubby on the other hand gets like 11 mpg bahaha)
We unplug everything we're not using at the given moment.
then little things like... bringing my own mug to starbucks... or not having them print me a receipt.
we buy locally grown veggies Smile
Discount CodesSouthport Property Management

I know these are just little steps, but I feel like they're baby steps in the right direction. Smile Of course we're spoiled and keep the air down way too cold, and I have a terrible habit of leaving every light in the house on... Especially with Mark being away I have been known to sleep with the light on. I know I can still be a waste, but were working on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have YOU done?   What have YOU done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have YOU done?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Eco-Friendly/ Going Green-
Jump to: