The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hate being a girl!

Go down 
+3
Psykiblue
Laura
Tricia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

I hate being a girl! Empty
PostSubject: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 pm

So, I know I say this every month but seriously, I HATE BEING A GIRL! Uggh!

Ever since 'aunt flo' decided to visit me at the age of 13, it has been heavy and ive had horrible cramps! My mom and sister are the same way. At 19, I went on BC and everything got SOO much better. After I had Autumn, I went back on BC and everything was fine. Well, ive been off BC for almost 5 months now and UGGHH, someone please make it STOP! Blah!

On top of all that, my period is so all over the place. Im starting anywhere from every 2-5 weeks. I KNOW this is completely normal when your getting off BC but im annoyed with it, ha. I have an appointment in 2 weeks...we'll see I guess...

Sorry...just had to rant for a minute!
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Yeah... my cycle is the same way. I had cramps so bad when I was in high school and I would pass out and I would have to go to the nurse, take meds on top of the aleve that I would sneak to school with me and nap because it was the only thing that helped. Even getting on BC didn't help.

Since I had Nicholai they don't seem to be as bad but my cycle definitely has a mind of it's own. Good luck at your appt.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:23 pm

ginger tea. Seriously. Will help so much with the cramping, it tastes like bleck but you literally can feel the cramping stop its the most amazing thing evar. If you cannot access it, there's gravol with ginger in it nondrowsy type its amazing Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 pm

I totally hear ya. I was so happy after I had Grayson because my cycle seriously dropped down to 2 days, and then it was over. But after having Sutton it went back to all over the place and it sucks.

On a side note, I can't even imagine starting at 13! I didn't start till I was 17 and even then I was still mortified. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:24 pm

17! Dang. I got lucky at age 11 Sad

Also Tricia do you have any midol or anything similar? It may help too. I hope you start feeling better.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:03 pm

I was 12... so I'm jealous for 17! lol

Midol was terrible... and didn't work for me. My dr told me to take aleve and when the pain gets worse or if that isn't enough you can take tylenol on top of the aleve. My body has build up a tolerance lol so I end up taking 2 aleve and 4 tylenol before it even makes a dent in the cramps lol.
Back to top Go down
baybeegurl5469
E-3
E-3
baybeegurl5469

First Name: : Kris
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm

I was 14 when I started.

I took Naproxen when I had really bad cramps the doctor prescribed that for me.
Back to top Go down
kristen
E-2
E-2
kristen

First Name: : Kristen
Hero's Name : Matt
Branch : Active Duty Air Force
Number of posts : 260
Anniversary : November 14, 2008
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Gosh I'm jealous of 17 too lol I was 11 too Karla! 13 years later it still sucks horribly. I've been taking BC since I was 17 and it used to help a lot with cramps for about 5 years but I think my body is freakin immune to its effects (other than preventing pregnancy bc that's still workin well haha) and I get the worst cramps of my life now. I've been taking extra strength Midol gel caps lately and they seem to help the most out of anything I've tried. I don't think I can ever go off BC now though because it would drive me sooo crazy not knowing when I'd get my period. I've know the exact day I'll get it for 7 years now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 pm

I meant to mention earlier. I talked to my OB about cramps and she suggested laying off of caffine for like 5 days before your period starts. She said caffine a lot of times makes it worse. I noticed that when I don't drink caffine my cramps go away completely.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 am

17? You suck!

Im not a caffeine drinker. I drink maybe one soda a week. And Midol has never worked for me. For me, its 3 tylenol and laying on the couch with a heating pad. Unfortunately, I cant lay down and watch a toddler at the same time...Oh well...hopefully it'll all be over in about 3 days!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 am

Have you tried those heat wraps. They have ones the are specifically designed for cramps. You just stick them on and it's suppose to help.
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 am

Karen wrote:
Have you tried those heat wraps. They have ones the are specifically designed for cramps. You just stick them on and it's suppose to help.

YES! I used to wear those all the time in high school. I would even wear them under a leotard to dance class and nobody could even tell! I LOVE those things! Actually, I think I saw one in the bathroom the other day...I may just have to use it tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 am

Tricia wrote:
17? You suck!

Im not a caffeine drinker. I drink maybe one soda a week. And Midol has never worked for me. For me, its 3 tylenol and laying on the couch with a heating pad. Unfortunately, I cant lay down and watch a toddler at the same time...Oh well...hopefully it'll all be over in about 3 days!

Yeah... I don't know what special thing Midol is supposed to do because it doesn't do ANYTHING! lol Maybe try the Aleve. Start with one and in a couple hours add a tylenol or 2 and use the ThermaCare. That is the only way I can survive and still watch Nicholai lol
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:19 am

I started when I was 14. Midol works for me..

I hope you can get something so you can get them straightened out at the doctors appointment!
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2
scgrits488

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

I wish I was 17, when I started I was 14.. and I have pretty bad cramps and I was put on BC when I was 16, then I was taken off of it because I had a cyst like size of a nickle on my ovary from the BC.. and my OB has since then recommended me any type of BC. It sucks, mine are so bad I get migrain headaches and I am throwing up. I end up taking midol and Tyelnol and use a heating pad as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate being a girl!   I hate being a girl! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate being a girl!
Page 1 of 1