The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running the Nashville Country Music...

Go down 
+2
Beth
Jennifer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Running the Nashville Country Music... Empty
PostSubject: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:45 am

1/2 Marathon! Yippee! It is April 24th... so I've got about two more months of training. This will be my first one running and I am sooo excited. I participated in the MORE/Fitness magazine 1/2 in NYC last spring with my mom, but I walked with her and due to heat they made us stop early. So not to discredit that experience... but this is going to be such a great accomplishment for me. I have been running for years but never had the guts to enter a race. I can't wait.

Wish me luck! :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 am

You go girl!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:23 am

Oooo! Sounds like fun! Good luck!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

That sounds awesome! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I didn't even know they had a half marathon.
Back to top Go down
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

First Name: : Marissa
Hero's Name : Mark
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 269
Anniversary : September 12th
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I have a friend that's doing the same! I ran races for years... so i think thats why im over it... But to do a big one like that would be really cool!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Karen wrote:
That sounds awesome! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I didn't even know they had a half marathon.

Yup! They even have a full marathon... and bands play along along the route. Smile I have a few friends who ran it last year and said it was a tooon of fun.
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

First Name: : Whitney
Hero's Name : Luke
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 1334
Anniversary : February 27
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

That's so awesome! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie
E-1
E-1
Bonnie

First Name: : Bonnie
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Josh is now a Vet! But was AD Army for 5 years.
Number of posts : 158
Anniversary : July 24
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 pm

As you know, I was going to walk/run this, but Josh and I can't afford it, plus he has to have knee surgery sometime around April/May so I don't want to chance us not being able to do it b/c of his knee!
Back to top Go down
http://peasnpod.blogspot.com/
Saundra
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Saundra
Hero's Name : Brian
Branch : Former AD Army/Now Army Reserves
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm

You go girl!! I know you'll do great!! I was going to run it the last two years but divorce happend then baby happened. I still want to run one someday. So excited for you!
Back to top Go down
Saundra
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Saundra
Hero's Name : Brian
Branch : Former AD Army/Now Army Reserves
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

You go girl!! I know you'll do great!! I was going to run it the last two years but divorce happend then baby happened. I still want to run one someday. So excited for you!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Thanks for all the support girls! Tomorrow (saturday's) are my biggest training days of the week, I've got to knock out 8 miles. It's amazing how well my body is hanging on (considering I'm training a lot quicker than I probably should). But I'm exhausted at night and have been sleeping more and better- which I guess is a good thing considering the hubs is gone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running the Nashville Country Music...   Running the Nashville Country Music... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running the Nashville Country Music...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: