The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headache Remedies?

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
Psykiblue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 pm

I seem to have developed a headache- I rarely get them so its normally and OMG what do I do moment for me until I figure out the reason for the headache. However I have anti-inflammatories that I am not allowed to take anything with IBprofuen with...so yeah.

Its not dehydration I know that, I've drank enough water for my top teeth to float- its just an icky everything feels stiff and hurty moment.

Anyone have any homemade remedies to get headaches to go away?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie
E-1
E-1
Bonnie

First Name: : Bonnie
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Josh is now a Vet! But was AD Army for 5 years.
Number of posts : 158
Anniversary : July 24
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am

I was going to say dehydration since that is the reason for most of my headaches, although I drink a ton of water-i have a 32oz camelbak and I drink at least 2 of them per day... but it also sounds like it could be a tension headache. I rarely take meds for anything, b/c I just really don't like them, something that works for me is to take a 5-10 mins alone and do some deep breathing while tensing then releasing each muscle from my feet to my face-literally, breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth, you can also do this lying down with a warm wash cloth on your neck or face.

I get tension headaches a lot dealing with taxes all day, so some days I have to take meds, but usually if they are bad enough for me to take something its b/c its made itself into a migraine-and then I have some rx meds my old doctor gave me, its the only thing that has ever worked for my migraines. I hope you feel better!
Back to top Go down
http://peasnpod.blogspot.com/
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 am

I get headaches if I cut out sugar for to long. If I eat something small then it goes away. Have you tried water wash clothe on the head and relaxing?
Back to top Go down

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:47 am

I know you are asking for homemade remedies but I just wanted to throw this out there that Aleve does not contain Ibuprofen. My mom can't take Ibuprofen because it affects her in some way and makes her stomach bleed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Aleve is not available here :-/

What finally worked was just turning off the lights and shutting my eyes. So sleep did the trick, but I have a groggy feeling now when I woke up so I will probably end up going back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Saundra
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Saundra
Hero's Name : Brian
Branch : Former AD Army/Now Army Reserves
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 pm

I never have any luck with getting rid of mine. I hope you get some relief soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Tylenol... its not very potent but it works when you cant take anything else. I am limited in what I can take too
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Sometimes smelling peppermint helps me.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:12 pm

my best friend recommended lavender but I don't have any- and I didn't remember that until right now so I will look for something I can use to that degree.

I need to get tylenol right now I have zero so that might be an idea too. So far it has not come back so I hope it stays gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headache Remedies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headache Remedies?   Headache Remedies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headache Remedies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: