The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SR Superlatives

Go down 
+14
Laura
stweartarmywife
Brittney007
Marissa
Army_princess
Smidget23
Tenea'
mamajess
LindseyMarie
Sarah
stepdan7
Beth
lovingmyhero11b
Whitney
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

First Name: : Marissa
Hero's Name : Mark
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 269
Anniversary : September 12th
Registration date : 2010-02-22

SR Superlatives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 am

aww guys!!! c'mon, its gonna be fun!!!!! But maybe we can do as Kana said and just have the Admins/mods give everyone a superlative Smile then no one will be upset or feel "unpopular" I don't know about you guys... but I think we all deserve a superlative Smile In my book we're all pretty super Wink Big Hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:37 am

that's what I meant Marissa! lol you said it better than me
everyone deserves a superlative because each of us is unique and awesome cheers
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1
Brittney007

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Tooth Fairy wrote:
or how about if we give everyone the superlative chosen by the sisters? so it's like superlative for the whole active members because all of us are unique and deserve to be recognized Wink

super agree with this...if anything we should all have one just cause i know i tend to feel a bit left out on occasion and i think that if we all had something it would be pretty cool...i swear im not trying to be the turd in the punch bowl
Back to top Go down
stweartarmywife
E-3
E-3
stweartarmywife

First Name: : Krystle
Hero's Name : Henry
Branch : ARMY ACRONYM QUEEN!
Number of posts : 467
Anniversary : 5-19
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:23 pm

i dont like it... we havent even became 1 group yet... it just doesnt seem to good an idea.... i would wait atleast a few more months... and get things to calm down a bit...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gondolight2002
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Tooth Fairy wrote:
that's what I meant Marissa! lol you said it better than me
everyone deserves a superlative because each of us is unique and awesome cheers

Kana I love you!!!
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

First Name: : Whitney
Hero's Name : Luke
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 1334
Anniversary : February 27

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Okay, we will be waiting. I thought I said that in response to Dallas before, but I just want to clear that up. The reason you're all being told about it now is so that we can start generating ideas of fun superlatives you all would like to see.

As I stated before, if you don't want to participate, you certainly do not have to. Nothing on the forum is manditory. Even if you get voted something, you can always decline the blinky. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Oh...I thought it's like asking us if we're comfortable with the idea or not..
I mean, if some are not comfortable with the idea we can find a win win solution right? to continue it and say that it's ok if they don't participate or even vote feels like actually we leave them out..
can we have a win win solution on this so everyone will be comfortable with the decision?
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Kana, we will do our very best to try and find a win-win for everyone. This thread isn't where we want to debate it though, the purpose of this thread was just to generate ideas for the superlatives themselves.

I'd really like suggestions/concerns about the matter sent to me in a PM. That way I can voice everyone's opinions to the staff and not be afraid I've missed something if I don't check this thread enough.

I appreciate your ideas! You always have great ones!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm going to chime in real quick because I see a lot of negativity that I don't care for. The staff has come up with this idea to encourage everyone to get to know each other better. There are clearly members that have made an effort to get to know others and then there are some that clearly just don't give a hoot. If you do not want to participate, then don't. But if the majority of the board wants to do this, then we are going to. I am not saying it's going to be done tomorrow. It will take the staff time to get everything set up. Our goal is to aim for the end of May. If you change your mind and wish to participate when the time comes then you are more than welcome to. But I ask that everyone be open-minded. This can be really fun if everyone would just give us a chance rather than attacking the idea with such negativity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Karen, please don't get mad. I'm not attacking the idea with such negativity, I support the idea actually, and wondering if everyone could get superlative. I don't think the others attacked the idea, they might be not comfortable with the idea right now. That's why I asked if we can have a win win solution so everybody is happy.
I seriously think everyone made effort to get to know each others. I love it here, everyone are lovely and it actually feels like home here.
Back to top Go down
Amy
E-4
E-4
Amy

First Name: : Amy
Hero's Name : Michael
Branch : KS Army National Guard
Number of posts : 641
Anniversary : July 14th, 2006
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Amen Karen!

I love this idea. It is always fun to be recognized, and I think we can come up with a way where we can recognize everyone. And maybe even some people can "share" superlatives (i.e. "Post Whore" cuz, face it ladies, there's lots of 'em on here). I can see how it could be seen as a popularity contest, but I've seen it in action and it really isn't like that at all. I know we can find a way to make it work Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Tooth Fairy wrote:
Karen, please don't get mad. I'm not attacking the idea with such negativity, I support the idea actually, and wondering if everyone could get superlative. I don't think the others attacked the idea, they might be not comfortable with the idea right now. That's why I asked if we can have a win win solution so everybody is happy.
I seriously think everyone made effort to get to know each others. I love it here, everyone are lovely and it actually feels like home here.

Kana I'm not mad. I find it incredibly frustrating that Whit had to say multiple times that it's not something we're doing immediately. It seems like the idea was shot down before we even got a chance to make everyone comfortable with it. The best win-win in my eyes is if someone is not comfortable with it, they do not have to participate. But I am not going to take away the opportunity to do something fun from the other members if there are just a few that don't like the idea.

And the more ideas we get from member for voting ideas, the more members will be able to vote for. It only becomes 'unfair' if we only have a few ideas to choose from. The more participation we get, the more enjoyable it'll be for everyone. And ideally everyone would be voted on as something, but that requires cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Amy
E-4
E-4
Amy

First Name: : Amy
Hero's Name : Michael
Branch : KS Army National Guard
Number of posts : 641
Anniversary : July 14th, 2006
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:42 pm

I forgot to post my suggestion! I think we should do a Gossip Queen, you know, someone who is always posting in the celebrity gossip section or commenting in the entertainment section?
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:23 pm

I like that idea Amy!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Thank you, Karen. I was beginning to feel like no matter how many times I repeated myself I wasn't getting heard. Thanks for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 pm

hmm, ok I had time to think about some of these and Idk if they've been mentioned but here goes:

Mother Earth-the one who recycles, is aware of the environment, reuses and reduces

Thrifty Thelma--knows how to cut corners when it comes shopping, knows where the sales are and is proud of her coupons!

Brave Heart--had to endure some life changes and succeeded with a smile and without pity from anybody(someting to that effect..

SR's Motivator-always sees the Positive side of things and is often willing to lift the spirits of those members in need

Golden Spatula--Our member who is always baking up something sweet to eat

Debate Queen--can hold her own in any debatable topic

Military Guru--knows the ins and outs of the Military Lifestyle, from Acronyms to how to Pack and Unpack for a PCS in a single day.

Deployment Diva--Shares the ups and downs of living life in a deployment, has her downs but they don't bring her down! Loves to talk about the latest knews from the sandbox, What was recieved by her SO, or what package she just shipped off! Also offers words of encouragement to spouses just entering stage 1 of a deployment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

SR Papparazzi--has a passion for picture taking, shares her pictures often and most often is found behind the lense!

SR Bad A$$--She's our resident Bouncer! Rude, Crude and Don't take Sh*t from anybody!(in the most loving way that can be interpreted!!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Closet Freak--lets face it, the Sex Talk forum was made just for HER! Smile
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:17 pm

World Traveler---has sailed the 7 seas, hopped continents, etc etc LOL you know what I mean.

SR's Exchange Student---For lack of BETTER WORDS? if somebody can reword this, I'd appreciate it/ We have a handful of wives on here that are citizens of other countries. I think they should be recognized, just wasn't sure how to fit it into a Superlative
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Sports Fanatic---when it comes to sports she's just one of the guys, wether participating in or watching them, She's all about some Sports Action!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 pm

I like Trishas idea, except Bad ass since some of us keep getting talked to.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:32 pm

stepdan7 wrote:

LOL I think in that description it would be SR REBEL! which I think hey Be Proud! Smile U know i wub ya, Steph!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:49 pm

stepdan7 wrote:

I liked that one, too! hahaha.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Whitney, I don't know that you were repeating yourself because people weren't "listening," it could be more like my sitituation where I know sometimes when I only have a few minutes I read the initial post and then comment, I don't have time to read all 4 pages of it. As for adding more ideas to the pot I am about as unimaginative as they come sorry folks I just don't have a creative bone in my body!
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Danielle, that is a good point. I know I am guilty of that same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SR Superlatives   SR Superlatives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SR Superlatives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: New Members Welcome Kit :: Announcements-
Jump to: