The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ovarian cysts?

Go down 
+2
Brittney007
Samantha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

First Name: : Samantha
Hero's Name : Josh
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 1091
Anniversary : December 15, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Do any of you have ovarian cysts? What's the pain feel like for you?

For the past few months, on and off I will get horribly sharp pains in my left side (around my ovary area) and sometimes the pain will bring me to tears! I've talked to a few people about it and they say it's probably a cyst forming or bursting, etc. Should I go to a doctor to have it checked out?... And if I do, what can they do for it?
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1
Brittney007

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm

SAMANTHA!!! you better go to the doctor to have it checked out ya hear me!!!!! dont make me fly out there and force you to the doctor
Back to top Go down

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Do you know if it happens around the time you Ovulate? Maybe you are feeling Ovulation pains? A cyst also forms on the follicle that you have ovulated on, so it's possibly you are feeling that.

Not sure what a Dr would do besides give you pain meds to deal with it. You could go to a dr though to have it checked out.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Go to a doctor. People generally will diagnose you with anything and everything, so its better to have a professional opinion.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 pm

If you're having pains like that, your best bet is to go to a doctor. It sounds similar, but really, you need a doctor's diagnosis as opposed to an internet forum diagnosis. It could be something else.
Back to top Go down

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Go to the Doctor!!

But I get some sharp pains every month, also, but it's just me ovulating.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Gina wrote:
Do you know if it happens around the time you Ovulate? Maybe you are feeling Ovulation pains? A cyst also forms on the follicle that you have ovulated on, so it's possibly you are feeling that.

Not sure what a Dr would do besides give you pain meds to deal with it. You could go to a dr though to have it checked out.

No, I don't think it's when I'm ovulating. That pain for me is more of a crampy feeling. This is like sharp pains like someone is stabbing me or something.
Back to top Go down

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 pm

I say go to the dr. Maybe they can do an internal ultrasound and tell you whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Gina wrote:
I say go to the dr. Maybe they can do an internal ultrasound and tell you whats going on.

Oh geez! I hate anything "internal"! It makes me feel so violated!!
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm

I went through something similar when I was about your age. It lasted for about 6 months and went away. I had unltrasounds done and they never could determine what it was. So they deemed it a pinched nerve. I would still go get it checked out.
Back to top Go down

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Samantha wrote:
Gina wrote:

lol I can average them about twice a month with all my ttc stuff so they don't even phase me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 pm

armywife96 wrote:
I went through something similar when I was about your age. It lasted for about 6 months and went away. I had unltrasounds done and they never could determine what it was. So they deemed it a pinched nerve. I would still go get it checked out.

Mine started I think in July. That's when I had my first major problem. My husband was about to take me the ER it hurt so bad... But I just took a lot of tylenol and ibuprophen and made myself go to sleep. And it hasn't bothered me until the past couple of months. A couple of days ago it happened but it was bearable. Just really really uncomfortable. And then last night it felt like it did last July. It was crazy painful. But it went away a couple of hours later. And it's not me ovulating because I'm just now getting off of my period so... I dunno!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Gina wrote:
Samantha wrote:
Gina wrote:

lol I can average them about twice a month with all my ttc stuff so they don't even phase me anymore.

Oh man... That sucks. I dread going to the gyno every single year! lol...But I drag myself there...
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm

I suggest an ultrasound too... They do suck (i just had 4 last week ick!) but it will give you a better look at whats going on. If there is a cyst and it has ruptured you may need some antibiotics to prevent infection and such. My mom had 2 cysts that she didnt know about for a year or so and had to have surgery to remove them. Better to catch whats going on early!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh geez. I hate going to the doctor. I think I'm going to wait until I have another bad episode and then make an appointment. I know that probably sounds dumb... But I just want to make sure there's actually something wrong with me before I go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ovarian cysts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovarian cysts?   Ovarian cysts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ovarian cysts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silent Ranks :: Beauty HHQ :: Heath and Fitness-
Jump to: