The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losing hair......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenea'
E-4
E-4
Tenea'

First Name: : Tenea'
Hero's Name : Jesse
Branch : Ret Army
Number of posts : 679
Anniversary : 12/23/05
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

I lose hair like crazy! When my hair is wet I will run my hands through it & pull out handfuls of hair!!

Am I the only one this happens to??

I can't figure out why my hair does this! I thought I was going bald or something but my hairdresser said that my hair was too thick for me to worry about that!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Have you had your thyroid check lately? I had that problem and it was due to my thyroid acting up.
Back to top Go down
Tenea'
E-4
E-4
Tenea'

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:25 pm

No I havent had it checked. Maybe I should.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

mine does it too, It can be hormone related or it can just be a "shedding" process that everyone goes through.
Back to top Go down

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

I have the same issue too. It started after the baby. I can't tell you how many times I've had my thyroid checked and it's fine. When I went to get my hair cut the lady said it was really thick, and that sometimes you just go through phases when you lose more hair. My best friend said the same thing happened to her after she had her baby and finally after three years it stopped lol. She just had another baby though.
Back to top Go down

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Oh and Tenea count how many come out. Bc your hair is long it could look like more. My "handfuls" are really only 4-5 pieces. I looked it up one day too and most people lose about 100 strands a day.
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Gina I had my thryroid checked after every pregnancy and each time it came back different. One time it would be to high (I want to say) then normal, then high again.
Back to top Go down
Tenea'
E-4
E-4
Tenea'

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Gina wrote:
Oh and Tenea count how many come out. Bc your hair is long it could look like more. My "handfuls" are really only 4-5 pieces. I looked it up one day too and most people lose about 100 strands a day.

I guess if I am supposed to be losing 100 strands a day than it is normal. It just seems like more.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Are you taking any vitamins? It could be a slight deficiency there. I know that once I got back on the prenatals, I stopped losing as much of my hair.
Back to top Go down

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Tenea' wrote:
Gina wrote:

I guess if I am supposed to be losing 100 strands a day than it is normal. It just seems like more.

I know it probably seems like tons. I use to have anxiety attacks about how much hair I thought was falling out.
Back to top Go down

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

I lose hair in the shower, also. It seems like a lot but it's really not. I was told it's a sign of needing your hair cut. I don't know, though, haha. I know when I get a hair cut, I don't lose a lot of hair in the shower for about a month afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 pm

How thick is your hair? and how long is your hair?

On my mom's side, both my nan and my mom were told to keep their hair short because it could potentially cause them to go bald, my sister whose hair is thick has hair down to her waist and is losing it and refuses to cut her hair.

Have you tried talking to your doctor?
Back to top Go down

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:51 pm

I started losing my hair when my lymphoma issues started. It made me crazy because I did have bald spots that really bothered me. I started taking prenatals and the hair started to come back. It really helped me. Might consider taking prenatals again for a little while and see if that doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Losing hair...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing hair......   Losing hair...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing hair......
Page 1 of 1