The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Low Priced Swaps from time to time

Go down 
+7
Brittney007
stepdan7
Tenea'
Psykiblue
Beth
Sarah
Trisha L
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Low Priced Swaps from time to time Empty
PostSubject: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Maybe a Postcard Exchange--where we would each get at maximum 5 people to send a post card too.(or more if they chose)

Last edited by Trisha L on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : type o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 pm

I'd be down with that!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

i love the idea! or we could send post cards to whoever signs up, with a limited number of sign ups!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm

I like the idea of a postcard swap. We've got some mega cool postcards up here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 pm

so what if we had 10 people participate... that person will buy 10 postcards and send one to each member that is participating?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

That's fine by me. The post cards are all of .10 each here.

Maybe we could even do like a magent swap or a keychain swap. Those aren't real expensive and fit in those bubble envelopes easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Or maybe we could do a recipe swap. Each member could send like a main course recipe, a dessert recipe, and an appetizer recipe to their swap sister.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm

that would be awesome! we could even play it up a bit... by theme... we could send a post card, recipes, and a magnet or keychain for your local area where you are!
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:56 pm

That would be so cool I am all for sending everyone who wants one a postcard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Well, we'd only need to buy 9 if 10 people signed up, unless you are going to send one to yourself! haha.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 pm

That's a good idea, but IMO I like the idea of a sceret sister dealio- where you give like bday/anniversary dates etc and you can send little things etc through out the time period. It wouldn't have to be uberexpensive and sometimes just a card and stuff.

But the postcard thing is good too.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 pm

we did a recipe swap before and I got this AMAZZZZZZZZZING recipe for Strawberry Vinagrette salad dressing!!
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Psykiblue wrote:
That's a good idea, but IMO I like the idea of a sceret sister dealio- where you give like bday/anniversary dates etc and you can send little things etc through out the time period. It wouldn't have to be uberexpensive and sometimes just a card and stuff.

I think Amy mentioned something Similar to this....she requested that for each swap she participated in, if the swappers minded if she kept their addy for bdays, christmas, etc...I think it would be an okay idea if the other member agreed to it...i wouldn't want other members to be left out though if some got a bday card from 19 members and another only got 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Tenea'
E-4
E-4
Tenea'

First Name: : Tenea'
Hero's Name : Jesse
Branch : Ret Army
Number of posts : 679
Anniversary : 12/23/05

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I think lower priced swaps would be great.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Trisha L wrote:
Psykiblue wrote:

I think Amy mentioned something Similar to this....she requested that for each swap she participated in, if the swappers minded if she kept their addy for bdays, christmas, etc...I think it would be an okay idea if the other member agreed to it...i wouldn't want other members to be left out though if some got a bday card from 19 members and another only got 2 or 3.

This would be more organized then that though- like if it were set that we'd be someone secret sister or something along those lines- there wouldn't be a set date to get things to get stuff by just you'd get random unexpected tokens/small things every now and then etc.
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm ok with this but you'd get pretty boring cards from me since its all about the Huskers in NE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:35 pm

oh wow I would love to join...but from here to US it could take 10-30 days for the post card to get to you except if I use the ems Very Happy and i don't want you guys to pay a lot to send me...ugh the joy of living this far from you T_T
But I definitely love the idea ^^
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1
Brittney007

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 pm

that is a good idea..im down for whatever lol Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Psykiblue wrote:
Trisha L wrote:
Psykiblue wrote:

This would be more organized then that though- like if it were set that we'd be someone secret sister or something along those lines- there wouldn't be a set date to get things to get stuff by just you'd get random unexpected tokens/small things every now and then etc.

What do you think of doing something like having everyone (that is interested) send their birthdate to the staff. Then as it gets closer to that persons birthday we can send out a mass email (again to those that want to participate) and let them know who has a birthday coming up. That way it is still a surprise for the receiver, and the sender can do as much or as little as they want (within reason).
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Karen that is a great idea!!!
Back to top Go down
bryansgirl
Graduate
Graduate
bryansgirl

First Name: : Katie
Hero's Name : Bryan
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 34
Anniversary : Our wedding day is July 30, 2010.
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

You could do a "best thing you can find for a dollar swap"

Then everyone gets to be really creative.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm

So if you are only doing 10 people to sign up what about the others who want to participate?
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Danielle i think it was just an example.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
E-6
E-6
Samantha

First Name: : Samantha
Hero's Name : Josh
Number of posts : 1091
Anniversary : December 15, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 pm

I LOVE this idea! Smile

I love postcards!
Back to top Go down
Addie
E-1
E-1
Addie

First Name: : Adaline
Branch : N/A
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 am

I like this idea.. although i dont think quincy sells post cards.. lol.. maybe i can just draw a post card? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Priced Swaps from time to time   Low Priced Swaps from time to time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low Priced Swaps from time to time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next