The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simple Strawberry Sryup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Simple Strawberry Sryup Empty
PostSubject: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 am

2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup water
2 Cups frozen fresh strawberries

In a pan add 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and stir over medium heat. Stir often. When it starts to boil add 2 cups of sliced frozen strawberries and continue to stir. LEt boil a few minutes and then lower heat and let simmer for atleast 20minutes. Serve hot. You can store in fridge for about 1 week and half. You can substitute with other berries too like blueberries, blackberries etc.

I buy strawberries when they are on sale for real cheap and go ahead and wash and cut tops off and freeze them. That is why I say frozen fresh strawberries. This is really simple to make and just an added treat to go over your favorite pancakes, waffles or other breakfast dish. I made this last night to go over my polish pancakes.

Last edited by Cappiea23 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lower heat...)
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:25 am

You think splenda would work as a substitute for the sugar? Or maybe organic sugar?
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

oh my gosh YUM!!!

Splenda makes a baking sugar, so that might work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

I have used organic sugar before and worked the same.. I haven't tried splenda.. maybe the splenda baking sugar would work. I have noticed somethings are kind of trial and error. The first time I made this sryup a few years back I used more water and I didn't like the consistency so since then I cut back.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

Hrm okie, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Strawberry Sryup   Simple Strawberry Sryup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simple Strawberry Sryup
Page 1 of 1