The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Follicle check update!

Go down 
+3
Amy
Beth
Sarah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Follicle check update! Empty
PostSubject: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Sorry I havent been on all day! Things have been busy and I am trying to clean but it seems impossible with the dogs and Mike!

We went in this morning for the ultrasound and blood work. I have taken 4 days of injections, one a day. The typical cycle is 10 days of injections to get the proper amount of follicles and the right size.

Ok so he checked my right ovary first. I was fully expecting nothing because all the previous cycles of meds never once produced a follicle on my right ovary. There was 3 follicles forming! YAY! They were in size 7.8, 8, and 9! Thats with only 4 days of injections! Follicles are usually triggered for ovulation at anywhere between 17-22 in size so they are coming along great! He then checked my left ovary and there was 3-4 more. He didnt measure them but said that they were coming along at just the same size as the others between 7-9! So thats 6-7 follicles!

Before we started he said that most women dont react very quickly and its normal to see the first follicles around day 6-7 so I was surprised! They checked my estrogen levels (it goes up when follicles are maturing) and it was great and right where it should be! I didnt have another ultrasound scheduled until Wed but they called and said for me to come in on Monday and we would keep my same dose of meds and they would do another ultrasound to make sure that they are maturing on track and I may be able to trigger ovulation on Monday if they get big enough! If not then hopefully Wed!

Oh and she showed me a good way to reduce the bloat! lol I have been giving the shots by my belly button but if i go lower there will be less bloat hopefully! And if there IS bloat I hope it stays down low because I hate being bloated up close to my chest!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm amazed that you dr is letting you trigger at that many follicles considering how RE's have come under fire in the recent years due to so many multiples being born.

When Bryan and I started this process we agreed to only trigger at 3 follicles any more and we would sit out a cycle. The risk involved is too great. Actually when I produced 3 follicles last time my dr advised me to sit out the cycle, and we would go on a lower dose of clomid the next cycle. We chose not to sit it out, and I didn't end up pregnant that cycle, but we will still go with a lower dose the next go round.

I know you said your dr likes to trigger at 6 follicles which concerns me because you will be such a high risk pregnancy if you do get pregnant with that many babies. Have you decided if you end up with more follicles if you will go through with it?

IDK Sarah..I only say this stuff because I care about you. If I didn't I would let it go, but I think its important that you think of all the risk you would be in. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Thats great news I will keep praying for you!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
E-4
E-4
Amy

First Name: : Amy
Hero's Name : Michael
Branch : KS Army National Guard
Number of posts : 641
Anniversary : July 14th, 2006

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:32 pm

So are they thinking you will ovulate all 6-7 of those follicles? I know not all follicles will be triggered to actually ovulate and become available for sperm, but what if they do? I am with Gina, a little concerned b/c I care, but I don't know much about fertility treatments. I hope that whatever happens you get a happy, healthy baby out of this!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:01 pm

The ultrasound on Monday should tell us how many will actually be triggered. Their office always triggers at 5 follicles and they said the most common multiples they see is twins. My testosterone levels are also really high so that makes it much harder to fertilize and implant. We have talked over what would happen with multiples and such and hopefully that when it comes time to trigger we will have 3-5 good ones!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:23 pm

That's awesome Sarah! I'm so glad that you guys have discussed it. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, but with everything I have been through I just wanted to make sure you had put some thought into it! I will stay hopefully that you get 2 or 3 great follicles out of this cycle!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm so happy for you!! I hope the news keeps being good!
Back to top Go down
Kinsey
E-3
E-3
Kinsey

First Name: : Kinsey
Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 pm

oh sarah! this makes me very happy to hear! i will continue to keep you in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Thats such good news. Hoping for a baby soon!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
E-4
E-4
Amy

First Name: : Amy
Hero's Name : Michael
Branch : KS Army National Guard
Number of posts : 641
Anniversary : July 14th, 2006

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Good to hear Sarah. I really hope this cycle is it for you guys Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Big Hug I will keep you in my prayers Sarah! keep the good news coming! so so so excited for you!
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Hope everything goes according to plan!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks ladies! Smile Im so excited! Im actually going to see if I can have a picture of my follicles when they get bigger! lol

Last edited by Sarah on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:23 am

Ahhh! That's awesome!! Very Happy Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follicle check update!   Follicle check update! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Follicle check update!
Page 1 of 1