The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Pregnancy AF

Go down 
+4
mamajess
stepdan7
Smidget23
Saundra
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Saundra
Administrator
Administrator

First Name: : Saundra
Hero's Name : Brian
Branch : Former AD Army/Now Army Reserves
Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 am

So I was hoping that Aunt Flo would stay long gone because I am breastfeeding but apparently I am not that lucky. At my 6 weeks postpartum appointment my doc gave me birth control that is hormone only until I stop breastfeeding. Well a week and a half after I started taking it BAM! I get the heaviest period of my life. I called the nurse to ask her if that is what it is, she said that is what it sounded like. Well two weeks after this week long hell started, I get it AGAIN! So now it is coming every two weeks and its driving me crazy! I have had 3 period in two months. Has anyone else had a similar problem? She said it could take a couple months for my period to regulated but DANG this sucks.
Back to top Go down

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 am

It probably is just your hormones readjusting. My periods were horrific! My second PP AF was horrible! I got out of bed one morning and GUSH! I had to change everything including my pants, and when I sat down there was so much blood still coming out. It was seriously like when you first go to the bathroom after giving birth! I gushed the rest of the day and for two more days and finally it lightened up. Also my 3rd PP AF I must have spotted for 2 weeks after my period so I finally went to the OB/GYN to get on Birth Control because I couldn't deal with it anymore!
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 am

I had the period/dishcharge thing afterwards for about two and a half weeks. I was fine for about a week, then my uterus did the whole final contraction thing and I got it again for another week. After that, mine were pretty regular until I tried to go on BC. Then they went wonky again.
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 am

I've only had 1 since Shiloh and it was pretty regular or atleast how I remember mine being
Back to top Go down
mamajess
E-2
E-2

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Mine didn't start back till about a month or two after I got my IUD. and it's still not totally normal. It definitely takes time for your body to adjust back to normal.
Back to top Go down
shannon
E-1
E-1
shannon

First Name: : Shannon
Hero's Name : Stephen
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 72
Anniversary : March 12
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

I have my 6 week check up today and I was planning on getting the Mirena IUD, but I've changed my mind. Stephen wont be home until August so I'm going to wait a few more months for the BC.

Saundra, what pill are you on? I hope the periods slow down for you. I know any kind of low dose pill in the past has made me bleed like that.

Is it an option for you to not take BC while BF and use condoms? I know you're not "supposed" to get pregnant while BF but it happens, so condoms would be a sort of back up?

Stephen is planning on getting "fixed" when he gets home, lol. So, I only have to be on BC until that takes place.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 pm

They gave me those horomone only BC pills and I decided not to take them. The side effects and the effectiveness of the pill was just too much so I decided to not take them and I will start regular BC once I stop breastfeeding.

I'm going to warn you... for 4 months after I finally got Aunt Flo back I had about 2 week long, heavy bleeding periods. They just wouldn't stop and there have been a couple months that I have had 2 periods. Maybe it will be different for you since you are taking that BC though.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Mine always went right back to being normal after having my kids, but I also had almost completely stopped bleeding by the time I left the hospital. I didn't do BC with my last one either so I don't know. Sorry I know that has to suck!
Back to top Go down

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Mine went back to normal rather quickly after Grayson, and I'm hoping it'll do the same this time around. It sounds like they don't have you on a high enough dose. You could ask about the Depo shot or something like that. Or even a copper IUD would be good since it doesn't have any hormones in it. I hope it slows down for ya. That would be annoying.
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Mine went back to normaly pretty quick.. like my first one just kind of heavy for like the first day and then nothing new. I hope they straighten out soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post Pregnancy AF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pregnancy AF   Post Pregnancy AF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Pregnancy AF
Page 1 of 1