The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grayson Update

Go down 
+4
Jennifer
Sarah
Tricia
Laura
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:34 am

I just wanted to drop in and let ya'll know how he's doing. He is such a trooper. Last week on Friday he had surgery on his ears. They put in tubes, took out his adnoids, and removed some scar tissue. He had a hard time waking up from the anestesia and hasn't eaten well since. Then on Monday both boys had ultrasounds and kidney tests to check their kidneys. It looks like Grayson's kidney problems are finally starting to get better. He will likely have to follow up with a urologist for the rest of his life. The doc wanted to check Sutton to make sure he doesn't have the same problem. He does have an enlarged kidney which was how Grayson's problem started. So he is going to need to be followed as well.

On Wednesday Grayson had surgery on his lungs. The doc went in and flushed them out because they are full of infection. We found out that this infection has been going on for months. Unfortunately, his doctor feels that he is going to need to go on IV antibotics for 3 or 4 weeks. YIKES! This is all because of the CF. We should know more next week. Then on Thursday we had to take him back to have a probe placed in his stomach. The original plan was for him to be put to sleep and then have it put in. But the doc thought anestesia 3 times in less than a week was probably not a good idea. So the probe was put in while he was awake. That was awful. I felt so guilty for letting them do it. It had to stay in for 24 hours. He had to wear these awful braces on his arms so he wouldn't pull it out. But he took it like a champ. He was more bothered by the braces than by the probe. So once we got back to the hotel we took the braces off and he didn't mess with the probe once. I guess the purpose of the probe was to monitor everything his stomach did. We should get the results on that next week too.

All in all it has been a very stressful week, but he handled it all way better than I could have ever dreamed. We'll have a new treatment plan soon. As a treat for being such a brave boy we took him to the zoo this afternoon. We head home tomorrow and anxiously await the results from everything.

Grayson Update 100_4111
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:45 am

Karen... I'm sorry that Grayson has to go through all of that but he sounds like such a little trooper! I'm glad that he made it through all that ok! I hope the results come in soon so you can get the new treatment plan going!
Back to top Go down
Tricia
E-3
E-3
Tricia

First Name: : Tricia
Hero's Name : Charles
Branch : US Army-Active Duty
Number of posts : 466
Anniversary : December 21, 2007
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:53 am

He sounds like quite the little trooper! I am so sorry he had to go through all of that Sad
Back to top Go down
http://redlegsmiths.blogspot.com
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:49 pm

I am praying that all of the results are good! You guys are such a strong family!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm so glad to hear that your little man is so brave! I'll be thinking of you all as you await the results and continue testing.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:07 pm

Ohhh Karen, I am so glad little guy is taking it like a Trooper!!! I'm sure he knows that it's to benefit him Smile

I think a trip to the zoo was well worth it!!!

Hang in there mama, give them boys a BIG hugg n kiss!!

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for Gray, hoping that IV antibiotic gets all the gunk!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Molly120
E-3
E-3
Molly120

First Name: : Molly
Hero's Name : Justin
Branch : Marine Corps Reserve
Number of posts : 453
Anniversary : March 24
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:20 pm

he is so precious!!! Glad the surgeries went well, praying for positive results for Grayson!!!
Back to top Go down
LeighAnn0501
E-2
E-2
LeighAnn0501

First Name: : Leigh Ann
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Awww poor gray!!! The pic just makes him look so sweet nad innocent and i hate that he's having to go thru all of this!!! Def still keeping him in my thoughts, and hoping Sutton won't have the same situation!!
Back to top Go down
jj'swifey
E-3
E-3
jj'swifey

First Name: : Darcy
Hero's Name : Jeremy
Branch : National Guard
Number of posts : 542
Anniversary : August 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Poor baby! At least this will all help him get to feeling better, and soon! I have a friend that has CF and she ended up having a lung transplant about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grayson Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grayson Update   Grayson Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grayson Update
Page 1 of 1