The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healthy recipes needed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mommytanyaof2
E-2
E-2
mommytanyaof2

Hero's Name : Ralph Jacobs
Branch : ARMY
Number of posts : 247
Anniversary : October 16, 1999
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Healthy recipes needed! Empty
PostSubject: Healthy recipes needed!   Healthy recipes needed! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

So I am trying to lose weight and so far, not good. I need some tried and good healthy recipes to add my life. Especially dinner ones, but anything you have is appreciated. I have a few cookbooks and some recipes from Hungry Girl I wanna try so hopefully I will return to this thread soon will my own recipes to share. TIA!!!
Back to top Go down
HeatherH
Moderators
Moderators
HeatherH

First Name: : Heather
Hero's Name : Bobby
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 659
Anniversary : June 27, 2007
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes needed!   Healthy recipes needed! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:37 am

Make sure you up your protein intake, get sugars out of drinks, and fats out of foods. Try having a snack of a protein shake or bar between meals, and if you can eat 5-6 times a day rather than just 3, that helps keep your metabolism moving.

I have an awesome receipe for sweet potato apple porkchops. Sounds odd I know but I think it sounds amazingly delicious. Hubs and I will be making it here soon so I'll post the recipe if it really is as good as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes needed!   Healthy recipes needed! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:28 am

We do soups in the crockpot. In my small crockpot two chicken breast some water and low sodium broth. Add some onion, shreadded carrots, whatever veggies you like. In a pot we sometimes cook some barley or orzo to add to the soup if the kids want to add it.

We grill a lot of chicken to cut up in salads, or to make in pasta or stand on its own with other fruits and veggies. The veggies don't go over well with both kids. but fruits do.

WE make alot of our meals in the oven like when we do chicken nuggets. WE use skinless boneless chicken breast cut up and use either milk or egg white wash to lightly bread them.

I guess for us alot of it comes down to using fresh foods and not the processed foods for us. Or frozen fruits and veggies vs. canned fruits and veggies.
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes needed!   Healthy recipes needed! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:35 am

I like to make Ground Turkey taco's with Corn Tortilla's, I did that on Weight Watchers.

If you choose leaner meats, and more green veggies, that helps alot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy recipes needed!   Healthy recipes needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healthy recipes needed!
Page 1 of 1