The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a good recipe that makes a lot

Go down 
+2
Sarah
mommytanyaof2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mommytanyaof2
E-2
E-2
mommytanyaof2

Hero's Name : Ralph Jacobs
Branch : ARMY
Number of posts : 247
Anniversary : October 16, 1999
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Need a good recipe that makes a lot Empty
PostSubject: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:11 pm

I did not post about this before but my husband's boss was killed last week in Afghanistan. On thurs. they are
having his funeral and then a private luncheon for family and close friends afterwards. The FRG is supplying the food and I want to help out. I need either a side dish, main entree, or salad to make that is good, will make a lot and not too expensive.
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm

for any event that requires a LOT of food I always suggest pinwheels. They are finger foods so they are good when a lot of people are there.

Flour tortilla, spread cream cheese all over it, lay on some turkey (or lunch meat of your choice) and a green onion. Roll and cut!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Tater tot casserole. It's super easy to make and it makes a TON.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Or you could do a big tub of sloppy joe meat and take hamburger buns. That's something that they wouldn't have to reheat in the oven.
Back to top Go down
Annie
E-1
E-1
Annie

First Name: : Andrea
Hero's Name : Sean Boy
Branch : National Guard SFG
Number of posts : 143
Anniversary : August 09, 2008
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm

I love both of those ideas!!! MMMM now I want some... I like making Pasta salad, Italian dressing, rotinni noodles and maybe a cucumber or some assorted veggies. They are pretty cheap to make and you can make a lot.
Back to top Go down
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm

My sincere and most heart felt sorrows to this family and the sacrifices they have all made for our country. May they find peace and comfort from friends and family surrounding them both near and far.

Main dishes: Stuffed cabbage (can be cooked in crockpot there were several of these at my grandfather's funeral luncheon), lasagana, stuffed shell, chili, Shredded BBQ chicken or pork (crockpot recipe)

Side dishes: green bean caserole, meatballs in some kind of sauce teriyaki, BBQ, marinara (I have a few others if can give you too) Rice, mixed fruit tray or veggie tray (could premake some fruit kabobs)
Back to top Go down
mommytanyaof2
E-2
E-2
mommytanyaof2

Hero's Name : Ralph Jacobs
Branch : ARMY
Number of posts : 247
Anniversary : October 16, 1999

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks for all the ideas so far:)
Back to top Go down
FATeam
Recruit

First Name: : Mr.Luoi
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:56 pm

like making Pasta salad, Italian dressing, rotinni noodles and maybe a cucumber or some assorted veggies. They are pretty cheap to make and you can make a lot.
qweasd
Recruit

First Name: : wwq
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm

If you haven't voted get to voting! Can't wait to get June started! I am already thinking up ideas for the top two ingredients right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a good recipe that makes a lot   Need a good recipe that makes a lot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a good recipe that makes a lot
Page 1 of 1