The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ground Chicken Breast recipe....(something to try)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeighAnn0501
E-2
E-2
LeighAnn0501

First Name: : Leigh Ann
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Ground Chicken Breast recipe....(something to try) Empty
PostSubject: Ground Chicken Breast recipe....(something to try)   Ground Chicken Breast recipe....(something to try) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Soooo a few weeks ago, ground chicken breast was on sale at the grocery store, so like I usually do with that stuff, I made it into 4 patties, wrapped and froze the meat.....Today I wanted something different, and I knew I had the patties in the freezer, so I decided to try to make something with them.....this is what I came up with.....

1 lb ground chicken breast
1/4 cup total chopped onions and green pepper (I thawed out a frozen seasoning mix w/ chopped onion, peppers and parsley)
Salt and pepper to taste
Slices of swiss cheese
small amount of oil (abt a tablespoon)
Worcestershire sauce (optional, but recommended)

Saute onions and peppers in oil until just softened....scoop out and mix in a large bowl with the ground chicken --- season with salt and pepper to taste

Divide meat into 4 patties ---- then divide each patty into two equal patties....
Put a piece of swiss cheese in between the two small patties, and "squish" it back together, so that you cannot see the seam of the two patties

Brown the patty on each side over medium heat, in the same skillet you cooked the onions and peppers in .... I splashed a little worcestershire sauce on each side as I was browning it, for taste and added color

Once brown on both sides, transfer to an ovensafe dish, and cook in a 350 degree oven for about another 15 mins, to ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through

In the last couple mins, put another slice of cheese on top, if desired!

------I made this up as I went along, and boy was it good!!! It exploded with juice when I cut into it....so you may want to let it sit for a couple mins more after you take it out of the oven.....this is def one I'm keeping in my recipe box, lean and delicious!
Back to top Go down

Ground Chicken Breast recipe....(something to try)
Page 1 of 1