The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Empty
PostSubject: June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)   June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:10 am

This is what we did for dinner tonight. It says its 2 servings but we added extra chicken and extra 1/2 cup of rice which actually turned it into about 3-1/2 servings instead of just 2. There was enough for him to make a container for lunch tomorrow and a little bit for 2nds for him tonight. It is really good and very easy to make. I like the fact its all fresh ingredients. Yes the sodium is something you have to watch from the sauces but realistically its not that much for the amount of food if you think about it.

Ingredients:
3 Tbs of Vegetable oil
2 chicken breast cut up or sliced up (however you prefer)
2 eggs
3 garlic cloves
1/2 -1 whole onion (thinly sliced or diced)
3-4 thai chili peppers (can be found in some grocery stores or Asian Markets) dice up use whole chili
3 garlic cloves, minced
2tsp of soy sauce
2tsp of fish sauce
a pinch of sugar (about 1/4-1/2tsp)
1-1/2Cup of rice (jasmine rice)
3 green onions, 1 extra green onion (garnish)
1 tomato thinly sliced (I deseeded and then thinly slice)
1 lime
black pepper to taste just a little sprinkle

In really hot wok(smoking hot ) add oil and then chicken. cook until white and push to the side. Add 2 eggs and scramble in wok and push towards side. Add garlic, onions and thai chili peppers. cook for a little less than a minute and sprinkle sugar in. Add soy and fish sauce and then rice. Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add green onions and tomatoes and a little black pepper. Cook for another minute or two. Pour into serving dish. Cut lime in 4 quarters and garnish the dish. Also use the 1 extra green onion tops to garnish dish.

***** It maybe just Mark and I but it seems like when we squeezed the lime onto the food that it brought out a little more heat to the dish from the thai chili peppers. From what MArk and I have read in different places some of this may differ from different parts of Thailand. This is the one we found and like. Oh and the tomatoes pretty much shrink up to just color in the dish. If you slice it up without deseeding it and add it very last minute it may not shrink up as much.

June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Rumwcn

Last edited by Cappiea23 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : what kind of rice)
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)   June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:05 am

Yummy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)   June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 pm

my mouth is watering!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
Cappiea23
E-5
E-5

First Name: : Amy
Branch : USAF
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)   June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:03 pm

My kids are tired of all the Asian food we have been eating. Yesterday was the last straw for them when we had Sweet and Sour Lychee Meatballs for lunch. Ali ask if we could eat American food for dinner... And I said sure and then she asked for pizza ..I told her that is Italian... Talk about a look to kill look I received.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)   June KC --   Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June KC -- Khao Pad Gai (Thai Chicken Fried Rice)
Page 1 of 1