The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At the ER today

Go down 
+2
scgrits488
baybeegurl5469
6 posters
AuthorMessage
baybeegurl5469
E-3
E-3
baybeegurl5469

First Name: : Kris
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-06-11

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:33 pm

I've been really sick. No cramping or bleeding or discomfort, but not being able to keep food or enough fluid down left me dehydrated and unhealthy. I just couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER.

They put me on IV fluid, I told them I was on Zofran but it stopped working when the vomiting started. They said they can give me something uber strong called Finnergan (sp?) however, since I work they weren't going to prescribe it because it knocks you the hell out. I was passed out for hours. So, in the end they perscribed me a higher dose of Zofran and told me if it doesn't work maybe I could get the Finnergan and use it on days off and such.

I'm feeling much better, I can eat again, and BOY HAVE I!! I feel awesome having my fluids replenished. I just need to keep drinking water and keep eating small meals.

On the plus side, since I was at the hospital they wanted to check on the baby. So, they did an ultrasound!! I got to see the little one!! It was so awesome because on Wed we were gonna just do the heartbeat and I would have to wait for an u/s til 16-20 wks. I saw it today!!! The little one was facing the camera head on I could see the eye sockets, shoulders and then it stuck its little feet up and I could see the little stub toes. It was so cool! Since I couldn't drive hubby was there and he saw too! It was amazing.

There is my update. Sorry I haven't been around, unfortunetly my laptop doesn't work well in the toilet bowl.
Back to top Go down
scgrits488
E-2
E-2
scgrits488

First Name: : Katy
Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2010-06-03

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am

I am glad you are starting to feel more like yourself! I hope it continues that way, you and the baby stay healthy!
Back to top Go down
baybeegurl5469
E-3
E-3
baybeegurl5469

First Name: : Kris
Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-06-11

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 am

I hope so too, I was scared I wasn't getting enough nutrients so I was drinking those Ensure shakes to get nutrients. But when nothing stayed down I decided enough was enough and I needed help.

I feel a lot better.

And seeing the baby early was an added bonus!

Thanks for the good wishes
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:18 am

Take care of our peanut! Or well lime I guess now Smile I'm glad you're feeling better though <3 and yay seeing bebe!
Back to top Go down
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 am

I am so glad your feeling better!!
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I hope this stuff works and you will be done with the morning sickness!
Back to top Go down
Leah
E-2
E-2
Leah

First Name: : Leah
Hero's Name : Zack
Branch : Boyfriend - Army
Brother - Navy
Number of posts : 268
Anniversary : February 4th
Registration date : 2010-03-29

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm

good to hear you're doing well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=65601527
Sponsored content

At the ER today Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the ER today   At the ER today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At the ER today
Page 1 of 1