The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Does Going Green Mean?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

What Does Going Green Mean? Empty
PostSubject: What Does Going Green Mean?   What Does Going Green Mean? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 pm

You might be wondering the following question: What does going green mean? Does Going Green Mean You Have to be a Tree Hugger? You might be surprised to hear that going green can mean just starting out with one simple step and then growing from there. Going green does not have to be hard. Don't let the "Going Green Snobs" turn you off from doing your part to help our planet. Read this article to see that going green is really easy.
Does Going Green Mean You Have to be a Tree Hugger?
So many people think that going green means they have to completely change everything about their lifestyle and become a treehugger. Nothing could be farther from the truth. All you have to do is make a few small changes to go green. If you try to make huge changes, you will probably give up and return to your old ways, so it is best to make small changes to start.

Let me give you an example of what I am talking about. I do the grocery shopping in my family. I bought a few canvas sacks and carry them with me when I go to the grocery store. This is going green. I still drive my pick up truck to the store and that is not going green, but my truck was bought years before going green was even on my radar screen. If I had to change my entire life to go green, I would have to get rid of the truck and get a Prius. I simply am not going to do that just yet, but I will probably buy a greener vehicle when I am in the market for a new car. Does this make sense? Going green can be a slow gradual process.

I used to brush my teeth with the water running. Today, I turn the water off until I need it. That is going green and it is a small change but it matters. I suppose I will someday change out my toilet to a low water green toilet. It's just that I am not ready to do it just now. optimally organic

My gas powered lawn mower broke. I was happy to use it until it broke, but since it broke, I looked into green lawn mower alternatives. I bought an electric mower and I love it. I have a couple of posts about it on this blog. I am not being fanatical about going green. I just thought it might be a good alternative that also solved a safety issue I had with my son. The green aspect is just a nice by-product of the purchase.the symptoms of the menopause

What I am trying to say is this. Don't let the fanatical treehugging green people put you on a guilt trip for not becoming totally green. Do it slowly. Make one change and then make another when you are ready. Eventually you will see that it is easy to make significant changes but you do not have to be fanatical about it.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1