The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a DIY green products

Go down 
+4
Jennifer
Maggie
Sarah
mamajess
8 posters
AuthorMessage

a DIY green products Empty
PostSubject: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 am

I read a lot about DIY green products and I am curious if you ladies have made products to use?
maybe detergent, soap or shampoo, cloth diapers? if yes, what do you make? how long have you use it?
Back to top Go down
mamajess
E-2
E-2

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:21 am

The only thing I "make" right now is I mix water and vinegar and lemon juice together in a spray bottle and use that to clean everything. I do use cloth diapers though I just don't make them myself lol
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 am

I love sharing ideas! I currently am using regular cleaners but if I could find a really good home made one I would use it!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Maggie
E-1
E-1
Maggie

First Name: : Maggie
Hero's Name : Brad
Branch : Navy wife....WOOT WOOT!
Number of posts : 76
Anniversary : April 9, 2008
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:34 am

I currently don't use any, but i have really wanted to try that GreenWorks stuff, but I've never really heard of anybody saying if it works well or not. However (due to my obsession with the duggars) I have used a recipe for laundry detergent. It's more of a money saver. You can make like 10 gallons for $2.00!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am

I do the water and vinager cleaner all the time. It's actually the only surface cleaner I use. It's definitely safer to use around kids rather than the commerical cleaners. I also make my own fabric freshener.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I make my own body products sometimes. Sugar scrubs and coffee exfoliations. It's great because you just use your coffee grounds from your morning Joe and exfoliate down in the shower, you can mix it with a flaxseed oil so that it goes a bit farther... the caffeine increases circulation to your problem areas and is said to help flush toxins. The sugar scrub can be created with any kind of fine grained sugar and combined with a lotion and then washed off in the shower.

I don't know if anyone else would consider these green... but I do because they are cheap to make and if you use the right brands they aren't harmful for your body or your sewege system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm

The coffee exfoliant sounds interesting. I may have to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Im with Karen! I like the coffee idea!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm

I haven't started yet but I do plan on making my own baby food.
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm

I like the cofee idea to. I use to watch Clean House and wanted to ty that stuff. I do water, vingar, lemon stuff. Lemon in water to clean caked on stuff in the microwave. For house products I use Green works since I get sick after using the other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 am

anyone ever try to make detergent or soap???I really want to try to make one ^^
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1
Brittney007

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:52 pm

i have made soaps. liquid soaps. if i go or order from lush i will mixs the soaps. i love lush Smile they are amazing. they are also all organic
Back to top Go down
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am

soap?

Discount CodesSouthport Property Management
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a DIY green products   a DIY green products Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a DIY green products
Page 1 of 1