The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you a good shopper?

Go down 
+7
Betsy
armywife96
Smidget23
stepdan7
lovingmyhero11b
Laura
Psykiblue
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Are you a good shopper? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

Do you take your reusable shopping bags with you when you go to the grocery store?
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 am

I don't have those but I do reuse the plastic bags. I don't throw them away. I do want to start a reuseable shopping bag supply some time soon because I hate using plastic and once I own enough then I will switch over to those only.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 am

What I did to get my supply up was every grocery trip I'd buy one or two that way it wasn't a huge expense all at once. Here they're between 49 cents and 99 cents which can add up after awhile. But just one or two helps the stash grow!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 am

Yeah I really need to start. I'm thinking I have to check quality since right now we live on the 3rd floor and while I feel safer I also need the bags to hold up so my items don't go crashing down the steps.

Where are yours from?
Back to top Go down
lovingmyhero11b
E-4
E-4
lovingmyhero11b

First Name: : Barbara
Hero's Name : William
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 633
Anniversary : January 7th
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:57 am

yea i dont use those but i use the plastic bags for other stuff too so they dont go to waste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lovinmyhero178
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 am

I have them but I forget them. We get paper at the commisary which Caiden later paints and plastic at Walmart (no given) and use them for cat litter and trash bags.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 am

I try to take them regardless of where I'm at, but I forget half the time and leave them in the car. Plus sometimes I feel guilty for using one store's bag at a different store. It's not a big deal when it's Kroger at Target, but Kroger at another grocery store makes me feel weird. Laughing

In my defense, I do reuse the ones that I get in some form or another.
Back to top Go down
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 am

I've bought them at Walmart, the Super Store, and Sobey's (grocery store) and I generally take whatever I grab with me where ever I go.
Back to top Go down
armywife96
E-5
E-5

First Name: : D
Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

Nope I am bad, but I do reuse the plastic bags for other things. I would but I shop for 2 wks at a time and for a family of 5 I have a ton of bags, I wouldn't be able to carry them all through the store!
Back to top Go down
Betsy
E-2
E-2
Betsy

First Name: : Betsy
Hero's Name : Luc
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 220
Anniversary : September 26th, 2008

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 am

yup we have resusable shopping bags but i always forget to bring them with me when i go to target lol. but we reuse those plastic bags for our little trash cans (like in the bathroom)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 am

We have 5 reusable shopping bags and we take them almost everytime. When we do forget them, we get plastic and then recycle them at Wal-Mart in the plastic bag recycle box they have when you first walk in.

Laura... We got two of ours at the Commissary for .79 cents. They hold up really well. We live on the third floor, also, and they pack those things FULL of food and they've yet to break on us. The other three we got at Wal-Mart and they are just as sturdy!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:51 am

I feel like when I go shopping I buy wayyyy too much stuff to take in the reusable bags. I would need about 2 dozen! We have a few though for every day things but if I get something small I just ask not to have a bag and carry it out myself.
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm really, really big on using our reusable bags. I bought about 7 of them at a grocery store when I lived in my Miami and I have continued to use them no matter the store I'm shopping at. Once I unload my things I put the bags back by the door and put them in the car next time I go out. Every so often I purposely get get the plastic bags though, as I need them for cat litter. But if I end up with too many I just recycle them next time I hit up the store. My bags are bright green and say Publix on them... but I have no problem using them at Walmart, Kroger, Target. Smile
Back to top Go down
mamajess
E-2
E-2

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 pm

I always forget mine! I have a huge stash. I try and take them with me to stores but it never fails I usually forget them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm

I have a few of them but always forget to take them with me! When I did leave them in the car I would use them but then I would forget to take them back out when I was done unloading groceries! I have enough for a small trip to the store but not a huge trip.
Back to top Go down
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:30 am

no, i'm not !

____________________--
solar panels doncaster
puerto vallarta rentals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a good shopper?   Are you a good shopper? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a good shopper?
Page 1 of 1