The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First laser hair removal appointment!!!

Go down 
+5
Beth
lovingmyhero11b
KristinR1027
stepdan7
Jennifer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

First laser hair removal appointment!!! Empty
PostSubject: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:52 am

So I had my first laser hair removal session this afternoon (I'm doing full brazilian for those who don't already know).

It went great! It feels like you are being zapped time after time. Almost like a little electric zing. You feel a heated sting immediately after the light pulse, but it goes away within 2 seconds. My girl would do a laser and put ice on it for 1-2 secs and move on to the next. Honestly, I thought it would be WAY worse. Even the most sensitive of areas (closer to the middle and towards the booty region) I didn't have a problem with. I didn't have to hold my breathe like I usually do for those rips when waxing. I think there were maybe 5-6 zaps total that were actually painful.. and those were the ones that I hadn't quite shaved all the hair properly (so the aesthetician tells me). I was in and out in 30 minutes and all she did was apply some aloe when we were done and I felt like nothing had happened! Even as much as I've been waxing, I always would leave with a slight throbbing for a few minutes after. But not the laser! Other than my skin being a little raised and flushed I feel perfectly normal. Smile

I go back in 6 weeks for my next round! Seriously the best investment I will ever make in myself Smile (Well, except school and such. lol )
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:54 am

How much do they do at one time?
Back to top Go down
KristinR1027
Moderators
Moderators
KristinR1027

First Name: : Kristin
Hero's Name : Frank
Number of posts : 343
Anniversary : March 23
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 am

I'm glad you had such a positive experience.. if you don't mind me asking.. what price range are you looking at for this?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 am

Stephanie: Everything. But it takes several sessions for all the hair folliciles (sp?) to die because of the different growth cycles. So they cover the entire terrain, if you will, each session... for as many sessions as you need until the hair stops growing back. Some women it takes only 4 times, others it can take up to 8 or more. Just depends.

Kristin: In our area it is typically $175 per session. But the place I'm going has a special and in addition is giving me a 10% military discount so I pay $125.10. Plus, I add a tip. The totals will range because they never know how many sessions you will need. But these rates definitely vary GREATLY by geographic location and (imo) demographics. Several other places I've lived and researched it was more expensive by $50-100 per session. I'm glad I'm doing it here! Smile I don't think this is too bad, because the sessions (and thus payments) are spread out every 6 weeks and it cuts out my future waxing expenses that are at about $100 with tip or more to begin with.
Back to top Go down
stepdan7
W-4
W-4
stepdan7

First Name: : Stephanie
Hero's Name : DJ
Branch : The better one
Number of posts : 2739
Anniversary : 27 Jan
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 am

Ok how long is the sessions that you do?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 am

One session is about 30 minutes from start to finish (I mean I underessed, got lasered and redressed and was out paying within that time). Today was my first day so they planned for 45 min because everyone reacts to the laser differently the first time. But the discomfort was very manageable for me so we moved right along at normal speeds.
Back to top Go down
lovingmyhero11b
E-4
E-4
lovingmyhero11b

First Name: : Barbara
Hero's Name : William
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 633
Anniversary : January 7th
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 am

wow glad it went well for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lovinmyhero178
Beth
O-2
O-2
Beth

First Name: : Beth
Hero's Name : Dustin
Number of posts : 3496
Anniversary : 9-17-09
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 am

Wow that sounds like a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Marissa
E-2
E-2
Marissa

First Name: : Marissa
Hero's Name : Mark
Branch : AD Army
Number of posts : 269
Anniversary : September 12th
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:57 am

You have me very intrigued!!! Im glad you had such a good experience girl!!!!! Maybe Ill look into it!
Back to top Go down
Kinsey
E-3
E-3
Kinsey

First Name: : Kinsey
Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 am

i'm sooooo wanting to do this!!! i like that you pay per treatment like that. i really need to look into doing this after summer when i won't be tan anymore. since i want my whole body done i really need to get going haha
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:34 am

Kinsey wrote:
i'm sooooo wanting to do this!!! i like that you pay per treatment like that. i really need to look into doing this after summer when i won't be tan anymore. since i want my whole body done i really need to get going haha

Yes, do it AFTER summer. I'm going to run into an issue because you can't tan naturally or artificially for a week before and a week after each session. And I'm a sun bunny! I'm going to have to get a swim suit with boy shorts and a lot of spf 30 for any outdoor activities that happen to fall with in those days this summer. My lady told me that the only way that you can really mess this process up is if you tan, bc you end up with little red circles everywhere the laser was- and they can take a VERY long time to go away.
But I agree with doing the whole body. I know I'm going to become addicted! Next up is my underarms. Smile
Back to top Go down
HeatherH
Moderators
Moderators
HeatherH

First Name: : Heather
Hero's Name : Bobby
Number of posts : 659
Anniversary : June 27, 2007
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Jennifer can I ask where you are going?? I would LOVE to do this, and with things going the way they are, I might have some extra cash around.

(you can pm me if you want, and I also know you won't be here for a bit, so if you don't respond I'll track you down. LOL)
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm really wanting to check that out now!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:40 pm

HeatherH wrote:
Jennifer can I ask where you are going?? I would LOVE to do this, and with things going the way they are, I might have some extra cash around.

(you can pm me if you want, and I also know you won't be here for a bit, so if you don't respond I'll track you down. LOL)

I'm going to a place called Elements Salon and Medispa (formerly Elements Laser Spa). It's located over by the Lowes on Madison Street across town. First impressions of the facility were not that impressive to me, but my girl (Melissa) is so personable and knowledgable... I was instantly comfortable! The facility is in an old home that has been turned into a business. So as someone with a background in Spa and who (sorry to say) tends to be a spa snob I almost didn't go in for my consultation when I pulled up. But almost a week after the first session thus far and I'm still pleased! If you want more info I can PM you the addy and phone number. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First laser hair removal appointment!!!   First laser hair removal appointment!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First laser hair removal appointment!!!
Page 1 of 1