The Silent Ranks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Silent Ranks

Forum for Military Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Fiancees, and Spouses

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Garden

Go down 
+7
Laura
Whitney
*Carrie*
Smidget23
ThatAbby
Psykiblue
Sarah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Branch : Army
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 pm

We are talking about making a home garden! I am going to grow green peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes! In addition to that I will be planting flowers all around!

I am going to go get a small garden book at some point today so I can figure out when I should start planting. We are in an area where it will frost until about the end of April so i am going to have to look into all of that!

Im so excited and I hope that this will help with some of my anxiety and give me a hobby!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Psykiblue
O-2
O-2

First Name: : Karla
Number of posts : 3888
Anniversary : June 24th 2006
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Gardening is suppose to be relaxing, Chapters can probably give you a few book suggestions and what not and perhaps anyone else here who is a gardener can give you some tips.
Back to top Go down
ThatAbby
Graduate
Graduate
ThatAbby

First Name: : Roberta
Hero's Name : Allen
Branch : Air Force
Number of posts : 37
Anniversary : October 3, 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 pm

I just started my little garden. I am using planters for them. We live on base and aren't allowed to add anything ourselves. A few weeks ago I planted some Black-eyed Susans and Alaskan Daisies for the front of the house and I have another one with some Basil, Cilantro and Chives. Since it's still cold out here at night I bring in everything at night and put it in the garage. On my way out for the day I put everything where I know the sun shines the longest. Usually for this area it's better to plant late April. If you have any questions as far as gardening feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Smidget23
W-3
W-3
Smidget23

First Name: : .
Hero's Name : I hate men...unless they want to buy me something. Then I only dislike them.
Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:36 pm

You should probably start your composting now.
Back to top Go down
*Carrie*
E-3
E-3

First Name: : Carrie
Hero's Name : Tim
Branch : Retired Army
Number of posts : 464
Anniversary : May 27 2008
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 pm

That sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
Whitney
Moderators
Moderators
Whitney

First Name: : Whitney
Hero's Name : Luke
Branch : Army National Guard
Number of posts : 1334
Anniversary : February 27
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Luke and I are doing that this spring/summer too! My mom always gardened with us when we were little until her knees got bad. I'm really excited, I always really enjoyed it. And it feels good to eat the veggies you grew youself!
Back to top Go down
Laura
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1538
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I can't wait until we have a house because I plan on doing the same thing. I am planting flowers and herbs in my window box at the moment, but I can't wait to move out of this apartment so I can have my garden!!! Gardening is such a fun hobby!!!
Back to top Go down
Jennifer
E-4
E-4
Jennifer

First Name: : Jennifer
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm

How exciting!!! We did this when I was growing up and I would love to do it again. I don't have a very green thumb though, so it could be interesting. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Brittney007
W-1
W-1
Brittney007

First Name: : Brittney
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:51 pm

YAY for home gardens Smile hell yesss. my mom and i had one and it was awesome. Smile its so worth it! just takes time and work. good luck
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Administrator
Administrator
Sarah

First Name: : Sarah
Hero's Name : Mike
Number of posts : 3103
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Woohooo! Im excited! I already started my "starter plants" inside. Im supposed to keep them in a warm area away from sunlight until they sprout so for now they are inside during the night and out in the shade during the day once it warms up! If I cant get them to sprout I will go to lowes and get the kind that are already started, but I am really hoping I can do it with the seeds!
Back to top Go down
https://strong.forummotion.com
Trisha L
Administrator
Administrator
Trisha L

First Name: : Trisha
Hero's Name : David
Branch : Army Aviation
Number of posts : 1831
Anniversary : October 2
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 am

how is it coming along sarah?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/herohandbagsnmore
pcnt7kt
Recruit

First Name: : Pcn
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:28 am

Likeeee !
solar panels doncaster
puerto vallarta rentals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Garden   Home Garden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Garden
Page 1 of 1